Posted to alt.home.repair
L.O L.O is offline

Default Pool Diatomaceous Earth Disposal

replying to Ashton Crusher, L.O wrote:
Hello wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:19:28 -0700, "SteveB"
I used to drain to the sanitary sewer but got tired of running the
hose that far (125 feet) so started just back washing into my back
yard grass. It doesn't leave any white spot or anything to speak of
and a minute with a garden hose takes care of the brownish backwash
material that is visible. Been doing that for 10 years with no
problems.

You are an IDIOT!! 10 years of toxic pool DE is harmful to humans,
wildlife, and pets. It is NOT untreated DE which is completely safe for
human consumption in water, and has been used for decades to control hard
shelled pests [roaches, ants, spiders, etc] in agriculture, poultry and
beef ranches. Pool DE that was left all over my property and that of most
of my Los Angeles neighbors contributed to our rabbits cancer, the
neighbors' rabbits epilepsy, and untold health risks to the birds, hawks,
and small animals that are struggling to stay alive and thrive amidst
LA's many pollutants.

Pool DE is NOT to be breathed or allowed to sit on the skin of any living
being! Safe disposal is ESSENTIAL and is not taken seriously enough by
pool owners. Do some research before you ASSume your 10 year old solution
is harmless....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

[...]

Um, Hello! The only difference in food grade DE and Pool DE is HEAT.
Heat rounds off the sharp edges of the fossil used in the pool system.

Natural DE fossils from the earth and edible when cleaned. Food grade
DE still has sharp edges. Used in livestock food to kill parasites.
You can eat it, too. I can understand people from LA lack some
research. Idiots!

Rabbits got cancer from pool DE? Got a link... I'm teachable. Rabbit
epilepsy? I need a source.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

[...]

Don't get too worried , Oren , it's just another liberal screaming "I don't
understand what it is so it must be dangerous." . Let's hope to diety of
choice they never come across a description of the dangers of dihydrogen
monoxide DHMO , they'll try to ban that too ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:19:28 -0700, "SteveB"

^^^^
I used to drain to the sanitary sewer but got tired of running the
hose that far (125 feet) so started just back washing into my back
yard grass. It doesn't leave any white spot or anything to speak of
and a minute with a garden hose takes care of the brownish backwash
material that is visible. Been doing that for 10 years with no
problems.

You are an IDIOT!! 10 years of toxic pool DE is harmful to humans,
wildlife, and pets.

Did you read what you replied to?

It's not 10 years, it's closer to 20 by now.

Who the idiot is remains to be seen.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:19:28 -0700, "SteveB"

^^^^
I used to drain to the sanitary sewer but got tired of running the
hose that far (125 feet) so started just back washing into my back
yard grass. It doesn't leave any white spot or anything to speak of
and a minute with a garden hose takes care of the brownish backwash
material that is visible. Been doing that for 10 years with no
problems.

You are an IDIOT!! 10 years of toxic pool DE is harmful to humans,
wildlife, and pets.

Did you read what you replied to?

It's not 10 years, it's closer to 20 by now.

Who the idiot is remains to be seen.

LO is using something called flashnewsgroups.com, I have never heard of
it before, but obviously they have *very* good retention.

--
Froz...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

[...]

Correct. FlashNewsgroups.cum has some strange individuals. Mostly
talk or reply to threads many years old. The guy talks like he is an
expert in rabbit epilepsy and rabbit cancer.

Fiddy cents, he won't be back!! Oh, I'm not worried, btw. It's his lie
so let him tell it anyway he likes
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello wrote:

[...]

What a loon! The pool DE isn't treated. It's just exposed to the same stuff
that's in the rest of the pool water. So, if you're that worried about the
DE, better stay out of the pool too. The main danger from DE is if you're
dumb enough to breath in the fine particulates when it's dry and coming out
of the bag. Fine sand, cement, etc have the same effect. If you pump
DE out into your yard when backwashing, it's no
more likely to harm anyone than DE that's never been to a pool. I've
been pumping it onto the lawn here, as does everybody else that
I know. They sell DE to mix with soil to improve it. And if what's in
the pool water is the problem, then instead of worrying about what's in
the few pounds of DE, better worry about what's in the thousands of
gallons that are routinely pumped out onto lawns, into sewers, etc. How
exactly do the loons in LA capture the DE that comes out when you backwash?