Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bargain taape for sale?

Home Depot now has 3M Tempflex Rubber Splicing Tape #2155, 3/4" by 22'
for only $2.48 a roll.

Self-fusing. I havent' used it yet but this seems like the tape I paid
$7 or 8 for smaller rolls., tape that is GREAT!!! I have 2 unfinished
rolls, saw one two months ago, but can't find either. But for only
2.48, I can afford to buy more.

APPARENTLY THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+Silicone+Tape
Still has tape called silicone tape tha tthey sell for 10 dollars for a
10 foot roll. But maybe this cheaper tape is very good too. One
reviewer said that in the 70's he saw phone lines taped with this stuff
in the 30's and the tape was still good.

The tape I have already, sometimes called silicon tape, is wonderful.
Half to stretch it to 2 or 3 times its orignal length. After a day or
two it fuses into one big waterproof blob. Sticks to whatever it was
wrapped around and seems waterproof there two. To use,

"This tape is excellent for sealing out moisture , I put it on wire nuts
after tightening to prevent loosening and to seal out moisture , Even
though you must stretch it when applying , Is pretty easy and the
stretch as you apply seals out the moisture and also keeps the wires
tight together when taping wire nuts , Keep in mind that when using
rubber splicing tape, you must finish it with a top coat of regular
electrical tape "

Is the last sentence true?

Same price on Amazon

Self-fusing. Seal and insulate motor leads and cable connectors.

Made for low voltage wires up to 600V.
Handles temperatures from 32°F to 176°F.
Seals out moisture.
Linerless rubber vinyl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message ...
Home Depot now has 3M Tempflex Rubber Splicing Tape #2155, 3/4" by 22'
for only $2.48 a roll.

Self-fusing. I havent' used it yet but this seems like the tape I paid
$7 or 8 for smaller rolls., tape that is GREAT!!! I have 2 unfinished
rolls, saw one two months ago, but can't find either. But for only
2.48, I can afford to buy more.

Is the length 22 feet or inches? I saw something like this at Lowes in the gadget area up front. Looks like the same thing I bought at the dollar store in shorter length.

[...]

Maybe a bargain HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 1 January 6th 12 11:48 PM
Bargain - but!!!! John UK diy 22 March 28th 09 05:34 PM
Patio Accessory - Bargain PricesPatio Accessory - Bargain Prices [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 5th 08 04:59 PM
Klingspor bargain box really is a bargain Ken Yee Woodworking 2 January 4th 07 11:45 PM
Any bargain 28" or 32" TV's out there? [email protected] Electronics Repair 11 January 16th 05 11:59 AM