Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- Walmart Walkie talkies

I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).
Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

I had a look on www.fcc.gov but did not find
that information.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

MURS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Use_Radio_Service

The Baofeng UV-5R will receive out of band. Transmitting, of course, is not
allowed. MIRS was commercial but has been open to the public and is license
free.

http://www.itstactical.com/digicom/c...cret-in-radio-
communication/

has a comparison to FRS/GMRS/CB.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If I remember correctly, they use one por more of the "colored dot" (VHF) itinerent frequencies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 08:53:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).
Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

I had a look on www.fcc.gov but did not find
that information.

Not pertinent to your question, but I thought handy talkie (or handie
talkie) was a Motorola thing. HT (handheld transceiver) is the
generic name.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).
Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

I had a look on www.fcc.gov but did not find
that information.

The implants work on a Borg subspace channel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon writes:
I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).

More correctly called handheld transceivers.

Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

Does this have anything to do with home repair?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:53:07 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was in a Walmart, last night.

[...]

Sorry to hear it. I suspect that Jesus would not shop in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families. Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayers. So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

QED

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2014 3:32 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:53:07 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was in a Walmart, last night.

[...]

Sorry to hear it. I suspect that Jesus would not shop in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families. Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayers. So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

QED

HB

Aside from Costco that pays a decent wage, where would you shop and how
much do they pay? Most other retailers pay poorly also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2014 2:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Stormin Mormon writes:
I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).

Does this have anything to do with home repair?

They are a handy tool when checking what circuits are on what breaker.
Getting the antenna on the roof to give the best picture.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2014 2:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone,
or are they on a private channel? I sat in the
parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not
able to hear any store radio traffic.

Does this have anything to do with home repair?

Sigh. You're so right. It sure ought to have OT
in the subject line. Oh, wait! It does!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2014 3:32 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:53:07 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was in a Walmart, last night.

[...]

Sorry to hear it. I suspect that Jesus would not shop

in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little
that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families.
Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayers.
So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

QED

HB

You display a Freudian case of profit envy. I'd like
you to go to an economic psychiatrist, and see if you
can be treated for profit envy.

Does this have any thing to do with home repair?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2014 9:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
the staff (at least some of them) have walkie
talkies (more correctly called handy talkies).

Does this have anything to do with home repair?

They are a handy tool when checking what circuits are on what breaker.
Getting the antenna on the roof to give the best picture.

I used to use FRS when installing furnace.
Sure was nice to talk to the man on the
roof, or talk from cellar to the work van
at the driveway.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2014 07:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I used to use FRS when installing furnace.
Sure was nice to talk to the man on the
roof, or talk from cellar to the work van
at the driveway.

I put one under a dog's collar and fooled Goober into thinking he had a talking dog.

http://www.tvland.com/episodes/zq9v3...-friend-ep-170
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 4:25:40 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/20/2014 3:32 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:53:07 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was in a Walmart, last night.

[...]

Sorry to hear it. I suspect that Jesus would not shop

in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little

that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families.

Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayers.

So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

QED

HB

You display a Freudian case of profit envy. I'd like

you to go to an economic psychiatrist, and see if you

can be treated for profit envy.

[..]

Don't read this story about Walmart, Stormie. Might make you mad enough to get back to the teachings of the real Jesus.

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/25/walm..._to_the_times/

or

http://tinyurl.com/nlmztmb

HB