Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Idiot door to door "Windows" Salesman

I had some idiot door to door salesman come to my door and he told me my
windows needs to be replaced. Being the smartass I can be, I told him
that I have the latest version of Windows XP SP3 installed and that I
upgrade regularly. Apparently the guy knew nothing about computers, and
looked puzzled. Then he proceeded with his sales pitch. I stopped him
after a few more seconds and told him that my processor would not allow
me to install newer windows, and that I'm pleased with XP, and have no
need to upgrade. Once again he began talking, when I asked him if he
sells RAM, proceeding to tell him that I'd need more RAM to install new
windows. He looked very puzzled, and then he said "what do you mean by
RAM?". That's when I said, "if you dont leave immediately, I'm gonna
RAM some windows up your ass". He left!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch that!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2014 10:06 PM, wrote:
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch that!!!

Yep
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 03/26/2014 03:48 AM, Bubba wrote:
On 03/25/2014 10:57 PM, wrote:
I had some idiot door to door salesman come to my door and he told
me my windows needs to be replaced. Being the smartass I can be, I
told him that I have the latest version of Windows XP SP3 installed
and that I upgrade regularly.

I stopped him
after a few more seconds and told him that my processor would not
allow me to install newer windows, and that I'm pleased with XP,
and have no need to upgrade.

Actually, you have until April 8th to upgrade your XP.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...d-support-help

So you are saying it's "curtains" for Windows then?

Nope , just curtains for XP , arguably the best OS ever produced by MS .
I'm really surprised , a lot of large corporations depend on this OS - for
that matter 2K is still in use in some point-of-sale machines .
I'd switch to Ubuntu or another linux OS , but I can already hear my
wife's screams ... so we'll be hanging on to our XP machines as long as we
can .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I had some idiot door to door salesman come to my door
and he told me my windows needs to be replaced. Being
the smartass I can be, I told him that I have the latest
version of Windows XP SP3 installed and that I upgrade
regularly. Apparently the guy knew nothing about
computers, and looked puzzled. Then he proceeded with
his sales pitch. I stopped him after a few more seconds
and told him that my processor would not allow me to
install newer windows, and that I'm pleased with XP, and
have no need to upgrade. Once again he began talking,
when I asked him if he sells RAM, proceeding to tell him
that I'd need more RAM to install new windows. He looked
very puzzled, and then he said "what do you mean by
RAM?". That's when I said, "if you dont leave
immediately, I'm gonna RAM some windows up your ass". He
left!

The guy was trying to earn a living...you couldn't just say, "No, thanks."?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 07:58:17 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

So you are saying it's "curtains" for Windows then?

Nope , just curtains for XP , arguably the best OS ever produced by MS .
I'm really surprised , a lot of large corporations depend on this OS - for
that matter 2K is still in use in some point-of-sale machines .
I'd switch to Ubuntu or another linux OS , but I can already hear my
wife's screams ... so we'll be hanging on to our XP machines as long as we
can .

"An estimated 95% of American bank ATMs run on Windows XP..."

[...]

"Major banks are now cutting special deals with Microsoft to extend
life support for their Windows XP machines while they replace their
fleet of ATMs."

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/technology/security/atm-windows-xp/index.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2014 8:58 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Actually, you have until April 8th to upgrade your XP.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...d-support-help

So you are saying it's "curtains" for Windows then?

Nope , just curtains for XP , arguably the best OS ever produced by MS .
I'm really surprised , a lot of large corporations depend on this OS - for
that matter 2K is still in use in some point-of-sale machines .
I'd switch to Ubuntu or another linux OS , but I can already hear my
wife's screams ... so we'll be hanging on to our XP machines as long as we
can .

Says XP will work, but no more security downloads.
I'd suggest everyone work that microsoft update
button for the next few days.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/2014 07:58 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

So you are saying it's "curtains" for Windows then?

Nope , just curtains for XP , arguably the best OS ever produced by MS .
I'm really surprised , a lot of large corporations depend on this OS - for
that matter 2K is still in use in some point-of-sale machines .
I'd switch to Ubuntu or another linux OS , but I can already hear my
wife's screams ... so we'll be hanging on to our XP machines as long as we
can .

I switched over to Linux about five years ago. I had been using it part
time since 2000

I have Win7 on my wife's machine...
but XP is hardly dead.

Updates will still be coming for your virus checker and malware checker.
Even if you use MSE, Microsoft decided to allow updates for about 18
months...and Avast will have at least three more years of support.

Also, do not use Internet Explorer and the updates for Firefox and
Chrome will keep coming.

Finally, for those sites that require Internet Explorer...at least use
the Maxthon Browser. It has a number of advantages but since it uses the
IE engine, websites that are exclusively for IE, will work
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:04:48 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

I had some idiot door to door salesman come to my door and he told me
my windows needs to be replaced. Being the smartass I can be, I told
him that I have the latest version of Windows XP SP3 installed and
that I upgrade regularly. Apparently the guy knew nothing about
computers, and looked puzzled. Then he proceeded with his sales
pitch. I stopped him after a few more seconds and told him that my
processor would not allow me to install newer windows, and that I'm
pleased with XP, and have no need to upgrade. Once again he began
talking, when I asked him if he sells RAM, proceeding to tell him
that I'd need more RAM to install new windows. He looked very
puzzled, and then he said "what do you mean by RAM?". That's when I
said, "if you dont leave immediately, I'm gonna RAM some windows up
your ass". He left!

It's debatable who the real idiot was in this case.

The REAL idiot is that Mike T. dude, (and anyone else) who dances to the
12 step bull****).