Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Idiot door to door "Windows" Salesman

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 07:58:17 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

So you are saying it's "curtains" for Windows then?

Nope , just curtains for XP , arguably the best OS ever produced by MS .
I'm really surprised , a lot of large corporations depend on this OS - for
that matter 2K is still in use in some point-of-sale machines .
I'd switch to Ubuntu or another linux OS , but I can already hear my
wife's screams ... so we'll be hanging on to our XP machines as long as we
can .

"An estimated 95% of American bank ATMs run on Windows XP..."

[...]

"Major banks are now cutting special deals with Microsoft to extend
life support for their Windows XP machines while they replace their
fleet of ATMs."

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/technology/security/atm-windows-xp/index.html