Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Daylight Savings

Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure.

Spring back, fall forward!

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 9:03:25 AM UTC-6, Guv Bob wrote:
Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure.

Spring back, fall forward!

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Nice try...Spring Ahead/Fall Back! {8¬)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 07:03:25 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure.

Spring back, fall forward!

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

I just checked my account balance at the Daylight Savings Time
Institute. Right now I have 216 hour of daylight that I can use at
any time. I'm going to cash it in when we go on vacation.

I'll be Springing back soon!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 9:03:25 AM UTC-6, Guv Bob wrote:
Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure.

Spring back, fall forward!

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Nice try...Spring Ahead/Fall Back! {8¬)

Hi,
Right. Most of clocks in my house and my watch are automatic, synch'd to
atomic signal. I don't wanna be late for mass tomorrow morning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 10:03 AM, Guv Bob wrote:

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

I'm willing to bet business is really slow.

Consider a new venture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:00:59 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Nice try...Spring Ahead/Fall Back! {8¬)

Hi,
Right. Most of clocks in my house and my watch are automatic, synch'd to
atomic signal. I don't wanna be late for mass tomorrow morning.

Several things I don't bother to change: irrigation controller, water
softener and pool pump motor. They'll he on time the next time
--
Somtimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 07:12:42 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 9:03:25 AM UTC-6, Guv Bob wrote:
Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure.

Spring back, fall forward!

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Nice try...Spring Ahead/Fall Back! {8¬)

No, senor. We at the LDFN, the National Front for Day Light, have
taken control of daylight from the capitalist pigs in your Washington,
D. C. From now on, twice a year, it is spring back. This will give
the Front in 5 years 5 or 10 more hours of daylight per day, which we
will share with all of you.

Viva la Luz del Dia Fronton National. Viva la Revolucion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Guv Bob" wrote:
Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you
want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set
their clocks, just to be sure.

You are wrong on multiple items.

First, not "everyone" (more on that inaccuracy later) change their clocks
at 2AM. In fact, if people followed your advice, no one would change their
clocks at 2AM, which would really screw up your "wait until everybody else
has changed" advice since everyone would wait until everyone else changed
and no one would change their clocks.

Second, regarding your use of the word "everyone", not everyone changes
their clock, period. Hawaii and Arizona don't observe DST so they didn't
change their clocks last night. Interestingly, the Navaho Indian
reservation, which stretches across 4 states, including AZ, observes DST,
so those that live in the part of the reservation that is in AZ, do change
their clocks.

In addition, DST is not observed worldwide, so "everyone" misses the mark
once again.

Spring back, fall forward!

Third, you might want to look that up again. If you set your clocks back
last night, you are going to miss a lot of appointments in the days ahead.

Guv Bob's Clock-Setting Service

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take care of my own clocks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 19:28:07 -0700, micky wrote:

...snip...

No, senor. We at the LDFN, the National Front for Day Light, have
taken control of daylight from the capitalist pigs in your Washington,
D. C. From now on, twice a year, it is spring back. This will give
the Front in 5 years 5 or 10 more hours of daylight per day, which we
will share with all of you.

Viva la Luz del Dia Fronton National. Viva la Revolucion.

You heard about the guy who set his alarm clock for 2am, woke up, reset
his clock to 1am per daylight savings time, went back to sleep. Whereupon
his alarm went off at 2am and obviously forgetting he'd set his alarm
clock, set it for 1am, went back to sleep, ad nauseum. Of course you
haven't heard of him. No one has.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2014 10:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Spring back, fall forward!

Third, you might want to look that up again. If you set your clocks back
last night, you are going to miss a lot of appointments in the days ahead.

How's your leg? The one being puled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

He obviously read it too fast and didn't understand you were "puling" his leg.