Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drain rooter cutting heads

When I used a clog buster pressure jet under the kitchen sink, a bunch of
black junk came up into the tub ~20' away. I remember a cleanout on the end
of the kitchen line and the bathroom line from the last time I was under the
house.

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Do any of these type heads look better than the others for that purpose?
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/genera...ter-heads.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 08:16:39 -0800, "Stumpy"
wrote:

When I used a clog buster pressure jet under the kitchen sink, a bunch of
black junk came up into the tub ~20' away. I remember a cleanout on the end
of the kitchen line and the bathroom line from the last time I was under the
house.

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Do any of these type heads look better than the others for that purpose?
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/genera...ter-heads.html

Let the plumber decide what to use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I used a clog buster pressure jet under the kitchen sink, a bunch of
black junk came up into the tub ~20' away. I remember a cleanout on the
end
of the kitchen line and the bathroom line from the last time I was under
the
house.

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken
down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Do any of these type heads look better than the others for that purpose?
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/genera...ter-heads.html

Let the plumber decide what to use.

He will. The previous times I've had to call a plumber they have always
used a twin blade root cutter. I don't have roots in that location, and I
haven't found a 1" diameter rotary hammer that would fit on a 50' cable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Let the plumber decide what to use.

I'm going to a surgeon, and I want to inquire what
about the best surgical insturments.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2014 3:21 PM, Stumpy wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be
taken down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Let the plumber decide what to use.

He will. The previous times I've had to call a plumber they have always
used a twin blade root cutter. I don't have roots in that location, and
I haven't found a 1" diameter rotary hammer that would fit on a 50' cable.

Motor cycle: Let those who ride, decide.

Drain: Let those who ream, who ream, uh,
team? Steam? What rhymes with ream?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken
down
into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for
knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Do any of these type heads look better than the others for that purpose?
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/genera...ter-heads.html

Let the plumber decide what to use.

The job is done.

He just used a standard side cutter head similar to this one:
http://www.toolbarn.com/ridgid-63005.html

It didn't matter all that much anyway, was just a sludgy grease type plug.
The cast iron was not rusting shut. I'm just a pessimist.