Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Use of nail guns with vinyl siding

On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:45:58 PM UTC-6, Kevin Carroll wrote:
A friend of mine told me it's possible to use either a roofing nailer or
a staple nail gun for putting up vinyl siding. I realize the object is
to leave a gap between the nail head (or staple head) and the vinyl, but
he said this could be done by adjusting the depth of the nail set on
certain nailers.

Any advice on whether or not this is true, and recommendations on
roofing or staple guns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

turn down the psi on compressor it,s not rocket science
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:45:58 PM UTC-6, Kevin Carroll wrote:
A friend of mine told me it's possible to use either a roofing nailer or
a staple nail gun for putting up vinyl siding. I realize the object is
to leave a gap between the nail head (or staple head) and the vinyl, but
he said this could be done by adjusting the depth of the nail set on
certain nailers.

Any advice on whether or not this is true, and recommendations on
roofing or staple guns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

turn down the psi on compressor it,s not rocket science

Hopefully he's figured it out after 13 years....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:45:58 PM UTC-6, Kevin Carroll wrote:
A friend of mine told me it's possible to use either a roofing nailer or
a staple nail gun for putting up vinyl siding. I realize the object is
to leave a gap between the nail head (or staple head) and the vinyl, but
he said this could be done by adjusting the depth of the nail set on
certain nailers.

Any advice on whether or not this is true, and recommendations on
roofing or staple guns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

turn down the psi on compressor it,s not rocket science

Rocket science has improved a lot since that question was asked back in
2001.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick wrote:

wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:45:58 PM UTC-6, Kevin Carroll wrote:
A friend of mine told me it's possible to use either a roofing nailer or
a staple nail gun for putting up vinyl siding. I realize the object is
to leave a gap between the nail head (or staple head) and the vinyl, but
he said this could be done by adjusting the depth of the nail set on
certain nailers.

Any advice on whether or not this is true, and recommendations on
roofing or staple guns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

turn down the psi on compressor it,s not rocket science

Hopefully he's figured it out after 13 years....

Hi,
Chuckle of the day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-02-15 1:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:45:58 PM UTC-6, Kevin Carroll wrote:
A friend of mine told me it's possible to use either a roofing nailer or
a staple nail gun for putting up vinyl siding. I realize the object is
to leave a gap between the nail head (or staple head) and the vinyl, but
he said this could be done by adjusting the depth of the nail set on
certain nailers.

Any advice on whether or not this is true, and recommendations on
roofing or staple guns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

turn down the psi on compressor it,s not rocket science

Rocket science has improved a lot since that question was asked back in
2001.

I have been trying to put vinyl siding on my rocket so that it looks
like just another house in my suburban neighborhood. Should I use a
pneumatic stapler?

Nail guns Matty F UK diy 20 June 12th 10 08:14 AM
OT. Nail guns Rick Samuel[_2_] Woodworking 6 November 24th 07 06:09 PM
Nail guns Dom UK diy 8 January 16th 07 09:40 PM
Nail Guns Weatherlawyer UK diy 4 August 25th 06 08:29 PM
Vinyl siding, losely nail starter trim and j-channel? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 31st 05 11:57 PM