Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat washers

On 2/17/2014 3:19 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I see a lot of tools posting to Usenet but the tool between my legs
is the only tool I haven't lost,...yet. ^_^

That's because you always have it in hand... 8~)

I think you meant, "tweezers". o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat washers and flat pennies

On 2/17/2014 5:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:37:35 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

I used to play along the train tracks and remember very vividly
almost being struck by a train. Maybe that "helps" explain my
mental condition?

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road
Police Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the
death of people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were
homeless or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet
from the tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car
when tons of rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible,
he said, and the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las
Vegas.

A real Darwin Award winner. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2014 4:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...
On 2/16/2014 4:15 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
[quoted text muted]

You simply have too much hubris to admit your error. A shame for a
grown man to behave in such a fashion.

Hey! Orin doesn't smoke that stuff even if it is legal in his state.
There is no reason for him to have any of it, much less too much. ^_^

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

I think hubris is an old Scot term, for pride.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:08:14 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/17/2014 3:44 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 23:03:10 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Lab Lover wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:40:49 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 17:47:38 -0500, wrote:

I am not absolutely positive, but in the USA, I believe
such would be a federal offense.

So is crushing that penny under the train. I should think
about it every time I use a penny for a shot pin washer ...
Naaa!

Destruction of our currency is illegal. I went through this
with a guy at work once. He wanted to scan a bill (serial
numbers), put it into a shredder and present is as evidence.

Bottom line was the bill was to be put back into the (treasury)
and the local facility after it was not longer needed.

Just sayin'

Oren, technically, your assertion is incorrect.

There is no US code against the destruction of currency. If you
wish to burn a million dollars to ash, there is no crime.
Mutilation, etc of currency is only a crime if there is
fraudulent intent, for example it you were to mutilate a $10 bill
and attempt to pass it off as anything other than a $10 bill.

The indisputable pivotal word in the code below is "fraud".
There is no fraud in putting a coin on a railroad track so a
train can flatten it.

However, it is illegal to trespass on railroad tracks and it is
most certainly illegal to tamper with rail equipment.

USC title 18, Section 331

Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs,
diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins
coined at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins
which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation
as money within the United States; or

Whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or
sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings
into the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be
altered, defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified,
scaled, or lightened -

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five
years, or both

NOT just sayin'

Just curious...not arguing.

How does your assertion that "there is no US code against the
destruction of currency" stand up against Title 18 Section 333,
which doesn't include the word "fraudulent"?

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

"Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of
the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement
is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts,
disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any
other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of
debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve
Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s)
unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for
circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States
Secret Service. The United States Secret Service web address is
www.secretservice.gov."

The sound of crickets is deafening silence

You should put this link in your bookmarks. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

TDD

Nay. Use the SoundBible.com

http://soundbible.com/tags-bug.html

Cicada

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I used to play along the train tracks and remember very vividly
almost being struck by a train. Maybe that "helps" explain my
mental condition?

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road
Police Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the
death of people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were
homeless or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet
from the tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car
when tons of rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible,
he said, and the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las
Vegas.

A real Darwin Award winner. o_O

TDD

Yea, but the trains run on time. Delivery of products is important.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:06:36 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 2/17/2014 4:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...
On 2/16/2014 4:15 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
[quoted text muted]

You simply have too much hubris to admit your error. A shame for a
grown man to behave in such a fashion.

Hey! Orin doesn't smoke that stuff even if it is legal in his state.
There is no reason for him to have any of it, much less too much. ^_^

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

I think hubris is an old Scot term, for pride.

Are you guys taking about humongous?

--
Labradoodle
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

I used to play along the train tracks and remember very vividly almost being struck by a train. Maybe
that "helps" explain my mental condition?

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road Police
Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the death of
people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were homeless
or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet from the
tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car when tons of
rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible, he said, and
the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las Vegas.

He was reinforced when he got there?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2014 3:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/16/2014 4:15 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
[quoted text muted]

You simply have too much hubris to admit your error. A shame for
a grown man to behave in such a fashion.

Hey! Orin doesn't smoke that stuff even if it is legal in his
state. There is no reason for him to have any of it, much less too
much. ^_^

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

Oh crap, I thought it was hummus. o_O

TDD

NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

On 2/17/2014 4:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...
On 2/16/2014 4:15 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
[quoted text muted]

You simply have too much hubris to admit your error. A shame for a
grown man to behave in such a fashion.

Hey! Orin doesn't smoke that stuff even if it is legal in his state.
There is no reason for him to have any of it, much less too much. ^_^

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

I think hubris is an old Scot term, for pride.

Are you guys taking about humongous?

Speaking for myself what body part are you referring to? I never peeked at Darling so I can't
comment.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 01:58:47 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Was Labbie talking to me? Maybe he could address the polices,
procedures and rules of evidence about shredding bills.
Never mind, not a chance he would remotely say he was wrong in what
I stated, related to my job.
I bet he doubts he could be placed on a special diet

I remember a documentary about reform schools where the majority gang in
charge of the kitchen would put a kid on a diet if he didn't toe the
line. When he went through serving line the gang member serving food
would give the uncooperative kid little or no food. ^_^

TDD

The Chow Hall is a very dangerous place in prison. Staff from various
departments are required to be present during the meals; in
conjunction with the correctional department staff. It gives inmates a
chances to speak with a case manager, counselor, department head,
associate warden, etc. It also adds eye balls for the correctional
officers.

One crook was stabbed in the jugular for sitting in the wrong dining
table seat. Odd part, he was mistakenly killed, mistaken for a guy the
prior day that sit in the same seat. I dealt with guy killed at
another facility. Chow Halls are self segregated. The last incident I
was in, at the same Chow Hall was a guy stabbed six times in the
chest. Testified in federal court in that case.

He didn't call ahead for reservations? Sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/17/2014 3:19 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I see a lot of tools posting to Usenet but the tool between my legs
is the only tool I haven't lost,...yet. ^_^

That's because you always have it in hand... 8~)

I think you meant, "tweezers". o_O

TDD

I am trying to reform and be kind. Refer to me as needle dick the bug f'r

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2014 6:27 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car when tons of
rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible, he said, and
the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las Vegas.

He was reinforced when he got there?

He was in the bar the whole time.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2014 6:30 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

I think hubris is an old Scot term, for pride.

Are you guys taking about humongous?

Speaking for myself what body part are you referring to? I never peeked at Darling so I can't
comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnlqTOsR0RA
A Scotsman clad in kilts left the bar one e'nin fair....

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:27:23 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road Police
Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the death of
people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were homeless
or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet from the
tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car when tons of
rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible, he said, and
the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las Vegas.

He was reinforced when he got there?

Not sure, maybe he was railroaded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2014 5:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/17/2014 3:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/16/2014 4:15 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
[quoted text muted]

You simply have too much hubris to admit your error. A shame
for a grown man to behave in such a fashion.

Hey! Orin doesn't smoke that stuff even if it is legal in his
state. There is no reason for him to have any of it, much less
too much. ^_^

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

Oh crap, I thought it was hummus. o_O

TDD

NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

But it might be in bad taste? ^_^ (you're supposed to groan)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road Police
Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the death of
people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were homeless
or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet from the
tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car when tons of
rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible, he said, and
the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las Vegas.

He was reinforced when he got there?

Not sure, maybe he was railroaded.

He was on the way to his flat? Homeless,
no, didn't have a flat to visit. Rebar
gave him a flat.

Everyone knows what note a piano makes
when it falls down a mine shaft, killing
a worker at the bottom?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A person I know is still a LEO. He once worked as a Rail Road Police
Officer (state). I've seen a number of his videos about the death of
people. Some were suicides (head on the track), others were homeless
or doing the wrong thing near the track (knocked 80 feet from the
tracks). One guy was asleep in an open empty freight car when tons of
rebar steel was dropped on him. The smell was terrible, he said, and
the guy was flat as could be, after arrival in Las Vegas.

He was reinforced when he got there?

Not sure, maybe he was railroaded.

He was on the way to his flat? Homeless,
no, didn't have a flat to visit. Rebar
gave him a flat.

Everyone knows what note a piano makes
when it falls down a mine shaft, killing
a worker at the bottom?

When you are crossing a road you had better C-sharp or you'll B-flat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat washers and flat pennies groan

OHHH, I'm **** Now we are talking about hummers...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2014 6:02 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

One of the best 4 wheel drive vehicles out there. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/18/2014 5:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you eat...

Oh crap, I thought it was hummus. o_O

TDD

NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

But it might be in bad taste? ^_^ (you're supposed to groan)

TDD

OHHH, I'm **** Now we are talking about hummers...

Hummers get lousy gas milage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2014 8:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/18/2014 5:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you
eat...

Oh crap, I thought it was hummus. o_O

TDD

NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

But it might be in bad taste? ^_^ (you're supposed to groan)

TDD

OHHH, I'm **** Now we are talking about hummers...

Hummers get lousy gas milage.

How much gas do Hummers F/M? F/M = Fart per Mile. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2014 9:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

But it might be in bad taste? ^_^ (you're supposed to groan)

TDD

OHHH, I'm **** Now we are talking about hummers...

Hummers get lousy gas milage.

Tough comes with a price. "milage". Hmm. Is that
like silage, but laid out in a line?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/18/2014 5:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us

Man o man it's herb man not hubris. Hubris is what you
eat...

Oh crap, I thought it was hummus. o_O

TDD

NO NO NO that is when you say something funny...

But it might be in bad taste? ^_^ (you're supposed to groan)

TDD

OHHH, I'm **** Now we are talking about hummers...

Hummers get lousy gas milage.

How much gas do Hummers F/M? F/M = Fart per Mile. ^_^

TDD

Hummers don't fart, they suck.

--
Tekkie

Washers Colin[_4_] UK diy 5 April 11th 11 04:14 AM
What's The Name For These Washers [email protected] UK diy 23 October 10th 08 11:48 PM
Just moved into flat, bathroom leaking to flat below CM UK diy 14 October 17th 06 11:49 PM
Tap washers john UK diy 10 January 10th 06 01:13 AM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM