Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Hot diggity dog! Great balls of fire!

"The family could not afford to take the pet to an
emergency clinic at the time of the incident"

In the USA? Say it isin't so!

What's even more amazing is that our hero (Telma Botcherby) could afford
his own medical care - at least we think he can. Telma Botcherby. A
name tailor-made for this story.

Welcome to the USA. Where the main ingredient in flea spray is napalm.

"I love the smell of burning me in the morning"

- Telma Botcherby

==================================

A South Florida man is recovering from second-degree burns after he
tried to save his dog, Ruby, who accidentally caught on fire Tuesday
evening, deputies said.

Telma Botcherby, Ruby's owner was treating the dog with flea and tick
spray when she noticed a live tick on the floor and tried to burn it
with a lighter, according to a Broward Sheriff’s Office report. Ruby
became startled and jumped across where Botcherby was trying to burn the
tick. The dog then burst into flames, officials said.

Botcherby screamed for her husband, Jess Olivas, who picked up Ruby in
his arms and jumped into a swimming pool.

Olivas was taken to North Broward Hospital and later transferred to
Jackson Memorial as a trauma alert for treatment of his second degree
burns. Officials said 18 to 24 percent of Olivas’ body was burned
including his right arm, left forearm, chest and face.

The family could not afford to take the pet to an emergency clinic at
the time of the incident so the dog was taken to Dr. Peter’s Animal
Hospital the next morning, officials said.

The veterinarian said Olivas' jump into the pool probably saved Ruby's
life.

"The owner courageously saved the life of the pet and unfortunately, at
the same time put himself in grave danger," Dr. Peter Krolikowski said.

While the dog is having trouble sitting down and still shakes at times,
vet technician Jamie Duffey said she will pull through.

"Even happy, healthy dogs are sometimes challenging to work with, so she
is an angel and I'm happy to say that given the circumstances she is in
pretty good spirits," Duffey said.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Florida...245225271.html

See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dsqWFIbZHc
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On 2/12/2014 10:57 PM, Snoop Dog wrote:

[...]

at the time of the incident so the dog was taken to Dr. Peter’s
Animal Hospital the next morning, officials said.

The veterinarian said Olivas' jump into the pool probably saved
Ruby's life.

"The owner courageously saved the life of the pet and unfortunately,
at the same time put himself in grave danger," Dr. Peter Krolikowski
said.

While the dog is having trouble sitting down and still shakes at
times, vet technician Jamie Duffey said she will pull through.

"Even happy, healthy dogs are sometimes challenging to work with, so
she is an angel and I'm happy to say that given the circumstances she
is in pretty good spirits," Duffey said.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Florida...245225271.html

See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dsqWFIbZHc

I'd pop a cap in anyone who harmed my eleven pound guard dog. ^_^

TDD

I got Big Balls [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 17th 12 03:04 AM
Eco balls D.M. Procida UK diy 15 March 14th 09 04:07 PM
BALLS! charlieb Woodturning 6 February 4th 08 07:32 AM
Ship's Tour Of My Universe To Begin - Call To Arms! DutyStations! Fire When Ready! Cease Fire Procola! Pt III/III Duncan Patton Home Ownership 0 March 29th 07 08:49 PM
Gas Fire - Fire basket and gas engine or just a simple Valor gas fire? Farouq UK diy 2 March 6th 06 11:04 PM