Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another wind-chill question.

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?philo=A0?= wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

Luckily, there won't be any wind chill at absolute zero.

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Should I picture you with long underwear beneath your clothing,
or you just standing there in longjohns?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

You don't need long underwear, you just need this:

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/34068.gif
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2014 03:26 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article ,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?philo=A0?= wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

Luckily, there won't be any wind chill at absolute zero.

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Should I picture you with long underwear beneath your clothing,
or you just standing there in longjohns?

Cindy Hamilton

Actually I don't wear them, I can usually handle the cold OK
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in
seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2014 3:50 PM, philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

You'd probably see me trying to buy bails
of straw or hey to put around my treiler.

All this joking and Kelvin around.... I'd have
to know if your underwear are dry or wet.
Depends.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2014 04:53 PM, willshak wrote:
philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and
it's very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like"
-10 degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in
seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

No need to go out then, my car probably won't start anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:53:39 PM UTC-6, willshak wrote:
philo wrote:

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's

very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10

degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in

seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

It's never been achieved but we've come close..."Certain gases have been cooled to about one nanoKelvin, or about one one-billionth of a degree above absolute zero".
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's

very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10

degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in

seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

It's never been achieved but we've come close..."Certain gases have been cooled to about one nanoKelvin, or about one one-billionth of a degree above absolute zero".

Prolly you shouldn't stick your tongue on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Now I'm confused is he wearing Depends?
"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2014 6:09 PM, philo wrote:

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in
seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

No need to go out then, my car probably won't start anyway.

Might, if you had deep space blended
gasoline.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2014 6:11 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in

seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

It's never been achieved but we've come close...
"Certain gases have been cooled to about one
nanoKelvin, or about one one-billionth of a
degree above absolute zero".

But, did the pipes freeze? That's what
I want to know.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:45:08 -0500, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Now I'm confused is he wearing Depends?

....and are they wet or dry?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2014 05:45 PM, David L. Martel wrote:
Now I'm confused is he wearing Depends?
"

Not necessary when it's freezing out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/14 2:50 PM, philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Remember to shut the trap door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

I've not run the numbers but @ absolute zero there would be no wind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:03:06 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

"philo " wrote in message
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

I've not run the numbers but @ absolute zero there would be no wind.

ANd absolutely no motion because absolute zero is where all molecular
motion stops - meaning there is no energy??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2014 06:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/21/2014 6:09 PM, philo wrote:

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in
seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

No need to go out then, my car probably won't start anyway.

Might, if you had deep space blended
gasoline.

That's right, I almost forgot...I have a 6000 gallon tank in my back yard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2014 11:03 PM, NotMe wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I've not run the numbers but @ absolute zero there would be no wind.

Little snow pellets of frozen argon,
blowing along. Red alcohol thermometer
frozen solid in the bottom of the tube.

Spaceman Bob comes along in his astronaut
suit. And right behind him is Weather
Bill, standing there without a hat, holding
a microphone in one hand, ear bud in the
other. "Yes, Janet, it is cold out here.
We recomend you stay in the space station
if you can, and wear your long johns if you
plan to be out in this absolute zero...."

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2014 6:25 AM, philo wrote:
No need to go out then, my car probably won't start anyway.

Might, if you had deep space blended
gasoline.

That's right, I almost forgot...I have a 6000 gallon tank in my back yard!

But, the class need to know if it's stabilized?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's

very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10

degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in

seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

It's never been achieved but we've come close..."Certain gases have been cooled to about one nanoKelvin, or about one one-billionth of a degree above absolute zero".

Neat. My husband has worked with liquid helium, but that was at a
searing 4 kelvin.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:53:35 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/21/2014 11:03 PM, NotMe wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I've not run the numbers but @ absolute zero there would be no wind.

Little snow pellets of frozen argon,
blowing along. Red alcohol thermometer
frozen solid in the bottom of the tube.

Spaceman Bob comes along in his astronaut
suit. And right behind him is Weather
Bill, standing there without a hat, holding
a microphone in one hand, ear bud in the
other. "Yes, Janet, it is cold out here.
We recomend you stay in the space station
if you can, and wear your long johns if you
plan to be out in this absolute zero...."

Not quite absolute zero. Deep space is 3K. It's "much warmer" in
LEO.

Like absolute zero, an absolute vacuum is impossible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:07:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Like absolute zero, an absolute vacuum is impossible.

My last bonus was Absolute Zero. Thanks Shrub.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:14:44 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:07:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Like absolute zero, an absolute vacuum is impossible.

My last bonus was Absolute Zero. Thanks Shrub.

You're overpaid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:32:49 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

philo wrote:
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

You don't need long underwear, you just need this:

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/34068.gif

At absolute zero how will I get it out of the bottle?

Senior Member

Outer space is apparantly a pretty strange place.

Physicists theorize that in the vaccuum of outer space, pairs of particles; one of normal matter and one of antimatter pop into existance out of nothing, and then collide to anhaihalate each other and restore the previous situation; nothing.

"Dark matter" is the invisible and so far undetectable matter physicists theorize must exist in order to explain the amount of gravity there is in our universe. One of the most promising ideas to explain "dark matter" is that it doesn't exist at all. It's just that there are multiple universes, and the gravity from the other universes superimpose on our own gravity. That is, gravity waves superimpose just like every other kind of wave.

If you're in an artificially lit parking lot at night, the amount of illumination at any point on the ground is more than that caused by the closest lamp alone. The contribution from the more distant lamps all add together to allow for better illumination than would be provided by the closest light by itself. In the same way, gravity from multiple other universes may be what's causing the inexplicably high gravity in our own universe.

Last edited by nestork : January 23rd 14 at 03:23 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:48:46 PM UTC-6, nestork wrote:
Outer space is apparantly a pretty strange place.

Physicists theorize that in the vaccuum of outer space, energy pops into

existance from nothing, and then pops back again... ...into nothing.

"Dark matter" is the invisible and undetectable matter physicists

theorize must exist in order to explain the amount of gravity there is

in our universe.

One of the most promising ideas to explain "dark matter" is that it

doesn't exist at all. It's just that there are multiple universes, and

gravity from the other galaxies superimposes on our own gravity. That

is, gravity waves superimpose just like every other kind of wave.

If you're in an artificially lit parking lot at night, the amount of

illumination at any point on the ground is more than that caused by the

closest lamp alone. The contribution from the more distant lights adds

together to allow for better illumination than would be provided by the

closest light by itself. In the same way, gravity from other universes

may be causing our universe to expand more slowly than it otherwise

would, and cause our galaxy to rotate more rapidly than it otherwise

would.

The world around us is comprehensible. Everything smaller than an atom

and bigger than the universe is incomprehensible.

http://arxiv.org/abs/hep--th/9409089

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's
very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10
degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

If you go into absolute zero the least of your
worries will be calculating feel like temps. Cause
you won't be feeling anything. With or with
undies. Only if you are stumped riding the comet
with your majik undies will you have a chance.

--
Tekkie