Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 08:19:18 +0000, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

There are three kinds of interference that can happen in this case.
The first is direct interference
The second is intermodulation
The third is desensitization, where a strong signal on a relatively near
frequency overloads the receiver in a device. So a WifI router can cause
DECT phones to stop receiving, even though WiFi is 2.4gHz and DECT is 1.7gHz.

This is very useful information, an applicable to the WiFi group as well.

My DECT Panasonic KX-TG6441 phones & handsets apparently operate at
1.9 GHz, according to page 6 of this PDF:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...TG6431-MUL.PDF
"The product operates in the frequency range of 1.92 GHz to 1.93 GHz,
and the RF transmission power is 115 mW (max.)"

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Don't you have a voltmeter? You shouldn't be depending on the base to inform
you as to whether the batteries are actually being fully recharged.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 02:50:41 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Don't you have a voltmeter? You shouldn't be depending on the base to inform
you as to whether the batteries are actually being fully recharged.

I was remiss in not mentioning that I tested the voltage with my fluke
but the problem, as always, with testing open circuit no-load voltage
is that without a load, a battery that tests good isn't necessarily good.

However, all the handsets are now reading full bars in battery voltage,
so, I'm inclined to assume that the battery-charge indicator on the
handsets isn't really a voltage indicator - but some sort of integrator.

The good news is that it hasn't happened since re-registration; but I also
haven't been on the phone a lot either. I will report back in a few days
to let you know if the problem is solved by the re-registration or not.