Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2014 predictions

Price of nails will go up 24% during the year
Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and
print coupons for tools
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
Independant studies will show that air compressors
used by contractors are over rated, and do not
deliver the SCFM they claim
Building materials from China and Japan will be
found to be contaminated
Contractors will continue to drink coffee on the job
Scams will abound, as contractors try to scare
HO into replacing furnace and AC
Spare tires will shrink or disappear in vehicle models
Anderson Power Pole will continue to recommend crimps
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not
a lubricant, nor a water displacer
Kwikset will introduce "bump key" proof technology,
and will regain the market of residential locks
Fracking and other development of natural gas will
cause the market to go toward natural gas heating
appliances
Federal regulations on emissions of wood stoves will
cripple the wood stove and fireplace industry
People will continue to post to AHR and ask about
thermostat wiring
Posters will continue the debate about AWG 14 wire
on a 20 amp breaker
Trolls will continue to be active on the list.
Duck Dynasty will market a line of tools. Saws
that "cut straight" and advising buyers to
avoid the brands that won't get into Heaven.
Be ye not deceived.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 08:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Price of nails will go up 24% during the year
Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and
print coupons for tools
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
Independant studies will show that air compressors
used by contractors are over rated, and do not
deliver the SCFM they claim
Building materials from China and Japan will be
found to be contaminated
Contractors will continue to drink coffee on the job
Scams will abound, as contractors try to scare
HO into replacing furnace and AC
Spare tires will shrink or disappear in vehicle models
Anderson Power Pole will continue to recommend crimps
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not

snip

Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true
already!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 9:28 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/01/2014 08:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Price of nails will go up 24% during the year
Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and
print coupons for tools
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not

snip

Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true
already!

Sigh. I guess this was the one for the year that I
got right? We now return you to your abnormal
programming.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 08:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/1/2014 9:28 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/01/2014 08:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Price of nails will go up 24% during the year
Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and
print coupons for tools
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not

snip

Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true
already!

Sigh. I guess this was the one for the year that I
got right? We now return you to your abnormal
programming.

All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does
too.

If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as
WD-41 and call it "new and improved".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 9:28 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/01/2014 08:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Price of nails will go up 24% during the year
Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and
print coupons for tools
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not

snip

Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true
already!

Sigh. I guess this was the one for the year that I
got right? We now return you to your abnormal
programming.

All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does
too.

If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as
WD-41 and call it "new and improved".

Main use I find for WD-40 is as solvent for mild adhesives, e.g. removing
labels, stickers, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 11:14 AM, Lab Lover wrote:

Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true
already!

Sigh. I guess this was the one for the year that I
got right? We now return you to your abnormal
programming.

All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does
too.

If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as
WD-41 and call it "new and improved".

Main use I find for WD-40 is as solvent for mild adhesives, e.g. removing
labels, stickers, etc.

yep, it comes in handy for a lot of things

also, there is a rumor that it's fish oil...but according to a Google
search I did that is just an urban legend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 12:04 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/01/2014 08:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes
WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not

All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does
too.

If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as
WD-41 and call it "new and improved".

I use it a couple times a week, for various
needs. I like the ones with the "smart straw",
cuts down on hands and knees time looking for
the LRT.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 12:14 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 11:04:48 -0600, philo wrote:
All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does
too.

If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as
WD-41 and call it "new and improved".

Main use I find for WD-40 is as solvent for mild adhesives, e.g. removing
labels, stickers, etc.

A couple friends of mine, one of their kids put
a sticker inside drivers side window, placed
"just right" to be irritating. They had tried
various cleaners. What worked was WD, finger
nails, and paper napkin.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes

Are you trying to say...

Home Depot para hablar espanol, compete con Lowes?

(Home Depot in order to speak Spanish, it competes with Lowes)

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

you forgot that krwless will continue to demonstrate how intolerant
fundies are

Duck Dynasty will market a line of tools. Saws
that "cut straight" and advising buyers to
avoid the brands that won't get into Heaven.
Be ye not deceived.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 3:38 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes

Are you trying to say...

Home Depot para hablar espanol, compete con Lowes?

(Home Depot in order to speak Spanish, it competes with Lowes)

HD will implement English and spanish signage, in competition with Lowe's.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 13:05:58 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

Nah, but it's a given that you will continue to lie, as you always do.
Pathological liars (leftists) are incapable of anything else.

Duck Dynasty will market a line of tools. Saws
that "cut straight" and advising buyers to
avoid the brands that won't get into Heaven.
Be ye not deceived.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 04:53 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

HD will implement English and spanish signage, in competition with Lowe's.

The Lowe's here has some signs in FIVE languages: English, Spanish,
French (and I think) Chinese and Russian.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."
-- Albert Einstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 7:02 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The Lowe's here has some signs in FIVE languages: English, Spanish,
French (and I think) Chinese and Russian.

I'm reminded of the song of Wernher Von Braun.
Who is learning Chinese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JmDNpjKYc

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 06:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/1/2014 7:02 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The Lowe's here has some signs in FIVE languages: English, Spanish,
French (and I think) Chinese and Russian.

I'm reminded of the song of Wernher Von Braun.
Who is learning Chinese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JmDNpjKYc

Thanks for the link...an excellent satire!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2014 1:57 PM, philo wrote:
I'm reminded of the song of Wernher Von Braun.
Who is learning Chinese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JmDNpjKYc

Thanks for the link...an excellent satire!

You're welcome. I don't remember when he
sang that, but it was maybe 1970s. Good humor
is relevant, decades later. Lehrer sang more
than a couple songs, and most of them still
relevant.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Make your predictions, experts Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 9 November 6th 12 02:37 PM
OT Any predictions? harry Home Repair 0 November 9th 11 07:13 PM
soccer predictions [email protected] UK diy 0 May 2nd 08 03:38 PM
soccer predictions [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 2nd 08 03:30 PM
OT 2005 Predictions Cliff Metalworking 14 January 7th 05 12:17 AM