Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default advertisements hanging from fence or doorknob

How do you react to advertisements left hanging on your fence gate or
your front door know, or stuffed a little between the door and the
jamb?

I don't like it because if I'm away and they stay there for days, it's
like an announcement to the world, "He's not here. Break in at your
leisure."

Now actually these days I don't go away often, but I'm planning a
two-month trip and many people travel for work or take a lot of
vacations, short and long. or they're in the hospital, and I couldn't
be the only one this annoys.

In the past it's been pizza parlors, but today I got a bag of junk
from a would-be politician, and the JWitnesses stuffed something in my
door jamb leaving almost all of it sticking out.

I don't know whether to call all of these people up and complain, or
to give up, and hope my next door neighbors will really remove the
ones on my fence when I tell them I"m going away. ???????

Ironically, I have a slot in my door where they could put all this
stuff, And the mailman doesn't know or care what went in the door and
what didn't.

Do mailmen actually object when non-mail is left in home mailboxes?