Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584.

I had endless troubles with my photo cells, replacing them 2 to 3 times a year.

photo cells dim the light at on and off. this diming with certain fluroscents can take out the photo cell.

and also can be ruined when a incandescent bulb fails going brilliant at end of life. that flash bulb look.

i solved both problems by upgrading to dimable CFLs and am planning to upgrade to dimable Led.

i had planned to install a relay to power the offending fixture, one day i happened to see the flash and found the sensor had failed....

so I tried CFL, but one day saw the bulb flickering dim very brite, and changed the bulb but again found the sensor had failed.

so i went with dimable cfls and havent had a problem since, that must be over 10 years ago...

Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584. Chuck[_24_] Home Repair 0 November 15th 13 02:44 AM
Photocell Switches Thomarse UK diy 2 January 4th 07 05:43 PM
Photocell adapter tha barry martin Home Repair 1 August 25th 04 09:53 PM
Photocell adapter that do barry martin Home Repair 2 August 24th 04 07:44 PM