Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen drain cleaning

Yesterday, a friend asked my help, to clear a
kitchen drain. Sure, but on Monday. I went and
looked. Two basin sink, with the necessary
drain, J trap and such. Plastic drain tubing.
There is a Fernco coupler, and then the drain,
with a slight pitch. The drain goes out, some
where. I didn't go trace the drain line.

The HO and I unhooked the drain, with the
threaded nut. Let the water out of the sinks.
Loosen the clamp on the Fernco.

I managed to run the drain snake in, maybe
eight feet or so. Came out with a LOT of
light colored grease, on the last three or so
feet of snake. One of these, but no drill

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-ft-d...ent-66262.html

Put the drain back together, and pour in some
water. No joy, not draining. I went home and
got some lye crystal drain opener. No joy. He
had two plungers, I tried those. He tried
boiling water. No joy. Still standing water.

I had another call. I left, and came back. We
took the drain apart. Again. This time, I
ran the snake until I hit a hard stop. Not
going any more. This time, the drain runs.
He insisted on put some lye crystals in, and
a load of hot water. The lye fumes nearly
killed us both, and got his wife, too. But,
the drain runs freely, now.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Hmm,
I have to ask this question now after all this time.
Are you Jack of all and Master of none? Really what are you?
Licensed electrician? HVAC tech., plumber, carpenter, mechanic?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-11-2013, 23:25, Tony Hwang wrote:
I have to ask this question now after all this time.
Are you Jack of all and Master of none? Really what are you?
Licensed electrician? HVAC tech., plumber, carpenter, mechanic?

Mormon

--
Wes Groleau

€śBrigham Young agrees to confine himself to one woman,
if every member of Congress will do the same.€ť
€” Weekly Republican, 1869

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2013 12:10 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-11-2013, 23:25, Tony Hwang wrote:
I have to ask this question now after all this time.
Are you Jack of all and Master of none? Really what are you?
Licensed electrician? HVAC tech., plumber, carpenter, mechanic?

Mormon

I've got a few titles, including Hey You,
and Brother Young. I had the feeling he
as asking about employment.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

He's a handyman, as are a lot of us here.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormy,

Nonsense, the lie is really important.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2013 9:06 AM, willshak wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmm,
I have to ask this question now after all this time.
Are you Jack of all and Master of none? Really what are you?
Licensed electrician? HVAC tech., plumber, carpenter, mechanic?

He's a handyman, as are a lot of us here.

Yes, well said. I'd be working at one of my
trades, if there was work. But, no. Just have
to do what I can to get by.

--
..
Christopher A. Young