Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Fire Place

I have a gas fire place with a wall switch. I used the fire place last
night- no problem . It lit up and stayed lit for several hours. This
morning when I flipped the switch there was only a clicking noise and no
fire. Can any one tell me how I might be able to fix this problem?

Thank you,

PJ in Fott. Mill, SD

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-769949-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/2013 09:44 PM, PJ in SD wrote:
I have a gas fire place with a wall switch. I used the fire place last
night- no problem . It lit up and stayed lit for several hours. This
morning when I flipped the switch there was only a clicking noise and no
fire. Can any one tell me how I might be able to fix this problem?

Thank you,

PJ in Fott. Mill, SD

No insult intended but since this concerns both gas and electricity and
you are unfamiliar with troubleshooting such, leave the repair to a
professional!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 02:32:14 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 11/09/2013 09:44 PM, PJ in SD wrote:
I have a gas fire place with a wall switch. I used the fire place last
night- no problem . It lit up and stayed lit for several hours. This
morning when I flipped the switch there was only a clicking noise and no
fire. Can any one tell me how I might be able to fix this problem?

Thank you,

PJ in Fott. Mill, SD

No insult intended but since this concerns both gas and electricity and
you are unfamiliar with troubleshooting such, leave the repair to a
professional!

I agree with the note a caution.

OP left out if he could light the unit manually or if the pilot flame
is on. The wall switch is low voltage. The igniter may be dirty or
not aligned properly. Could be a bad gas valve?

Thermopile sensor ?

http://www.mygasfireplacerepair.com/2012/11/15/how-to-test-your-thermopile/

Filling the gaps around a fire place News UK diy 1 October 26th 11 10:30 PM
Inset gas fire, opening in fire place is too large Charles C UK diy 1 June 19th 10 10:18 AM
Fire Place Screen for Garry Leon Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 April 5th 08 09:12 PM
gas fire place minnew Home Repair 2 February 23rd 08 03:49 AM
Gas fire place ignitor Mark Savoy Home Repair 1 January 28th 06 02:13 AM