Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Standby Generator?

Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home Generator
System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I searched online but
the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/02/2013 12:41 PM, Joe wrote:
Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home
Generator System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I
searched online but the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

Contact B&S Tech support

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/contact

They will help you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/2013 12:41 PM, Joe wrote:
Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home
Generator System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I
searched online but the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

Really need more information about exactly which B&S engine is
installed. Model # of engine not generator. Probably one of the
following but can't be sure.
Part No. PSI
491657S 3-5 PSI
694115 9-13 PSI
690233 2 PSI

Any local small engine repair store should have a suitable replacement
but they will also need the engine model # or series.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:41:42 -0400, "Joe" [email protected] wrote:

Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home Generator
System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I searched online but
the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

If you really think someone here knows the answer, you should have put
the make and model of the generator in the subject line. No one reads
all the threads.

And the unclear descriptions whould have been written out in the body
of the post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:41:42 -0400, "Joe" [email protected] wrote:

Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home Generator
System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I searched online but
the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

Call your local Briggs and Stratton dealer. They willknow the part
number and likely have it is stock - meaning you save the shipping
charges - likely getting it at a better price than on-line to start
with. What's with nobody buying things locally any more??????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/2013 1:41 PM, Joe wrote:
Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home
Generator System installed 2006/2007.The model number is 040220.I
searched online but the descriptions are not clear to me.Please help.

Probably on the crankcase, some where? Look for wires.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/2013 3:46 PM, philo wrote:

I buy stuff on-line fairly often. The shipping is typically about what
I'd pay for gas. Additionally, it saves driving time and waiting in line.

I do buy parts locally if I need them the same day .

It's probably on the crankcase, did the OP look there?

--
..
Christopher A. Young