Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeping out big brother?

Overall, this sounds pretty good, but

- "You can view the source code to be sure there's no back door."
But you can't know whether the source code you viewed is what
they actually used. Nor whether there is the kind of back door
described in http://tinyurl.com/d7ow765

- Most of it sounds technically good, but the sentences about quantum
computing strike me as marketing hype more than technical reality.

- There's really no way for a guy like me to be sure the principals
aren't actually NSA or some other group of spooks. Or just a bunch
of scammers getting money from the paranoid.

https://unseen.is/premium-landing.html

--
Wes Groleau

There ain't no right wing,
there ain't no left wing.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
(apologies to Jim Krueger)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:
Overall, this sounds pretty good, but

- "You can view the source code to be sure there's no
back door."
But you can't know whether the source code you viewed
is what
they actually used. Nor whether there is the kind of
back door
described in http://tinyurl.com/d7ow765

- Most of it sounds technically good, but the sentences
about quantum
computing strike me as marketing hype more than
technical reality.

- There's really no way for a guy like me to be sure the
principals
aren't actually NSA or some other group of spooks. Or
just a bunch
of scammers getting money from the paranoid.

https://unseen.is/premium-landing.html

http://www.budgetcamerareview.com/fo...-or-secure-/p1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10-31-2013, 02:36, ChairMan wrote:
http://www.budgetcamerareview.com/fo...-or-secure-/p1

That doesn't confirm that they are not private or insecure. Their claim
is that the encryption is done on your own machine. So whether NAPs are
secure is irrelevant. What's relevant is whether their encryption is
secure.

However, it does indirectly confirm that they were lying. They claimed
one of their reasons for picking Iceland was that it's closer to the US
than other viable choices.

But the actual traffic from USA (at least from Indiana) goes to Chicago,
then New York, then London, then Iceland.

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, €œThat preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:
On 10-31-2013, 02:36, ChairMan wrote:
http://www.budgetcamerareview.com/fo...-or-secure-/p1

That doesn't confirm that they are not private or
insecure. Their
claim is that the encryption is done on your own machine.
So whether
NAPs are secure is irrelevant. What's relevant is whether
their
encryption is secure.

However, it does indirectly confirm that they were lying.
They
claimed one of their reasons for picking Iceland was that
it's closer
to the US than other viable choices.

But the actual traffic from USA (at least from Indiana)
goes to
Chicago, then New York, then London, then Iceland.

Well, if they are lying, I'd say it's all a lie.
I just posted what i found

My brother Dave UK diy 12 April 1st 09 10:40 PM
re re my brother Dave UK diy 1 April 1st 09 10:13 PM
Brother Dave Plowman UK diy 2 March 10th 04 12:17 AM
Brother Colin Wilson UK diy 7 March 9th 04 02:26 PM
OT, Big brother! John UK diy 0 January 12th 04 08:39 AM