Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Tom Clancy, RIP

I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:06:36 AM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

Sad news indeed. I have read his original novels twice and am now reading them for the third time. Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

Harry K
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daring Dufas[_8_] View Post
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD
I expect most people would know that Tom Clancy was a writer, but not all.

He wrote a lot of spy vs. spy type novels that were made into movies like The Hunt for Red October and books like that.

I'm sure a lot of people will mourn the loss of a truly gifted writer like Tom was.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2013 11:23 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:06:36 AM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

Sad news indeed. I have read his original novels twice and am now reading them for the third time. Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

Harry K

Mark Greaney was co-author on one written in 2012.
He's got Jack Ryan, his son, and other characters from previous books.
Very good reads even if topic and background change very little.
My son had been buying these books for me on Christmas.
I suspect there are more in the pipe-line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 12:33:01 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 10/2/2013 11:23 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:06:36 AM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

Sad news indeed. I have read his original novels twice and am now reading them for the third time. Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

Harry K

Mark Greaney was co-author on one written in 2012.
He's got Jack Ryan, his son, and other characters from previous books.
Very good reads even if topic and background change very little.
My son had been buying these books for me on Christmas.
I suspect there are more in the pipe-line.

The Jack Ryan character was killed off in a divorce. She owned half
of the books so he didn't write any more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry K wrote:

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:06:36 AM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

Sad news indeed. I have read his original novels twice and am now reading them for the third time. Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

Harry K

I am also in the process of re-reading them as well.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

On 10/2/2013 11:23 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:06:36 AM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then
hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

Sad news indeed. I have read his original novels twice and am now reading them for the third time. Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

Harry K

Mark Greaney was co-author on one written in 2012.
He's got Jack Ryan, his son, and other characters from previous books.
Very good reads even if topic and background change very little.
My son had been buying these books for me on Christmas.
I suspect there are more in the pipe-line.

There is another one that is due to be released Dec 3, 2013.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Mustang, OK
My local Weather http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KOKMUSTA4
Posted to alt.home.repair

Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

That publishing fad is something that ****es me off. Clive Cussler is another
favorite author that fell for that crap. Use the famous author's name in monster
font and then put the ghost author name in small font.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/4/2013 7:42 AM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

That publishing fad is something that ****es me off. Clive Cussler is another
favorite author that fell for that crap. Use the famous author's name in monster
font and then put the ghost author name in small font.

They all do it. These after death books are OK unless they push it too
far, just relying on the characters the original author had built up.

One I liked, can't think of name offhand as it was years ago, in his
dotage retired to Florida and books just became silly. Some people
should quit while ahead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:06:36 AM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in then

hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

An alcoholic PUKE. One less capitalist bag of ****. I knew him back in my drinking days by the docks at the Houston ship channel.
Belch fart hiccup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:13:13 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote:

;3129126']I just heard on the news that Tom Clancy has passed away in

then

hospital. I enjoyed his work and movies based on his books. o_O

TDD

I expect most people would know that Tom Clancy was a writer, but not

all.

He wrote a lot of spy vs. spy type novels that were made into movies

like The Hunt for Red October and books like that.

I'm sure a lot of people will mourn the loss of a truly gifted writer

like Tom was.

I do not miss the alcoholic bag of ****. When I knew him I lived in a junk yard by the ship channel trying to recover from a broken back during an abduction by the CIA. Spies lies and fairy tales. I got the scars from Kingsville to prove it. Plus the inquisition device from 5 US presidents.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 4, 2013 8:42:21 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 10/4/2013 7:42 AM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

Those he wrote with a co-author - I don't read.

That publishing fad is something that ****es me off. Clive Cussler is another

favorite author that fell for that crap. Use the famous author's name in monster

font and then put the ghost author name in small font.

They all do it. These after death books are OK unless they push it too

far, just relying on the characters the original author had built up.

One I liked, can't think of name offhand as it was years ago, in his

dotage retired to Florida and books just became silly. Some people

should quit while ahead.

It is not my fault the secret service is ****ed because they stuck the goddamned device in my back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:36:21 PM UTC-4, Jim Rusling wrote:
Frank wrote:

[...]

No doubt a bunch of alcoholic paranoid US military drivel.