Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Echo leaf blower carb tool

I bought an Echo PB-250 leaf blower about 2 years ago. It has never
worked well. I brought it back to the dealer and he gave me some bull
about the gas being old. The dealer is now gone out of business.
Here's the problem. I can start it, but when I try to increase the
engine speed, it will die. Now, I know this particular model has been a
lemon according to stuff I've read. Newer models have a totally
different carb. Some have said that Echo refuses to honor the warranty,
etc. I need to adjust the carb. They use a special tool because of EPA
stuff, etc. so you can't just go to a dealer and get one. The hole in
the casting is about .105. There is a flatted D shaft inside the hole
in which the tool must go over that shaft. I've looked on the internet
for adjustment tools and all I can find is a pretty expensive one from
the UK with a lot of shipping charges. Anyone know where I can get one
at a reasonable cost or even any ideas of how to make one?
Posted to alt.home.repair

First, I'd try a new fuel filter, and some carb
cleaner in the fuel.

Second, I've never seen one of these. Can you
drill the access hole a bit larger. And then
push the adjuster with a flat blade jewler's
screw driver?

Else, put it on a bonfire, and kill the
flattened shaft. My humor is a non starter,
it really blows.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/7/2013 8:21 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/07/2013 08:21 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
I bought an Echo PB-250 leaf blower about 2 years ago. It has never worked well.

If you want one that works: www.stihlusa.com
If you're too cheap to buy a Stihl, buy a rake. At least the rake will work.

I brought it back to the dealer and he gave me some bull about the gas being old.

If you were using ethanol gas, he was right. In as little as 30 days, ethanol gas can turn to ****.
If you can't find ethanol-free gas, use a fuel like Stihl MotoMix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/07/2013 05:21 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
[...]

If they are the "D" type, you can take some brass tubing and flatten one
side to make a tool.

There used to be a plethora of carb tools on ebay, but it seems they
have all gone away (still some on Amazon though).

Jon
Senior Member

Futher to a previous post:

If the hole in the carb is about 1/10 of an inch, can you not buy a piece of 1/10 inch diamter brass tubing (at any hobby shop for use as steam pipe for miniature steam engines or fuel line for miniature IC engines) and file or grind half of it off so that it will fit inside that "D" shaped hole?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 19:52:38 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Futher to a previous post:

If the hole in the carb is about 1/10 of an inch, can you not buy a
piece of 1/10 inch diamter brass tubing (at any hobby shop for use as
steam pipe for miniature steam engines or fuel line for miniature IC
engines) and file or grind half of it off so that it will fit inside
that "D" shaped hole?

How would that keep it from spinning on the "D"? Seems it would just
spin, unless it latched on somehow? Pinch the tube little, maybe?