Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas grill repair

I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but no
exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 30, 2013 6:36:40 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but no

exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.

If all you want is an exploded parts diagram, usually the online
appliance parts websites have that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:
I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4
burner propane
grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a
manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions,
but no
exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.

should be pretty straight forward.
I assume you got a new support bar, too.
The burners just slip through the front plate with no screws
and then they should mount with a nut and bolt to the
support bar.
You might have a few problems with the old bolts unless they
are corroded away.
I had to cut a couple of the bolts out because they were too
rusted to turn, just replace them with some new stainless
steel ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:36:40 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but no
exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.

Ordinarily, people replace parts in the reverse older in which they
came apart.

Try searching using the specific Model number?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but no
exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.

Ordinarily, people replace parts in the reverse older in which they
came apart.

Well, sometimes they come apart before you decide to fix them. ;-)

Try searching using the specific Model number?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill.

After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual.

All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but no

exploded diagram showing how the parts fit together.

Any ideas how to find out that information ?

Thanks.

Ordinarily, people replace parts in the reverse older in which they

came apart.

Try searching using the specific Model number?

I did even better and went to Brinkmann's site.

Unlike Sears and other vendors, they provide no diagrams for repair.

And they don't answer emails in a timely fashion, if at all.

I have looked at 4 appliance parts sites so far, with no luck.
..
I will probably go to Lowes or Home Deposit and look at their grills to find out how the burners attach.

And I will communicate with friends, etc. that Brinkmann has very poor customer service.

Take care,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 13:29:14 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I will probably go to Lowes or Home Deposit and look at their grills to find out how the burners attach.

And I will communicate with friends, etc. that Brinkmann has very poor customer service.

Some 4 burner grills are Red or Black. At least some models are no
longer supported by Brinkman.

How old is this unit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I will probably go to Lowes or Home Deposit and look at their grills to find out how the burners attach.

And I will communicate with friends, etc. that Brinkmann has very poor customer service.

Some 4 burner grills are Red or Black. At least some models are no

longer supported by Brinkman.

How old is this unit?

They support it because I bought the parts from them 4 days ago.

Cheaper prices than the resellers.

Gas grill is mostly chrome or stainless steel and black metal.

Knob must be depressed fairly hard to turn it and release propane.

Knobs were designed and made of cheap plastic, so they rounded out in short order.

They tried to get me to buy more knobs. :-)

I will making my own knobs with all metal inserts.

Andy

I will be researching company officers to give some feedback.

Andy