Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting a popcorn ceiling

replying to Curt Martin, JE (Elaine) Lawless wrote:
curoco wrote:

LOL. My 12 yr old wanted to pick his own colors for his room. Slate
grey, with burgandy trim and ceiling, with salt and pepper carpet. We
promised him that his room would be the first one we re-modeled when we
moved, since moving is hardest on kids. I wasn't excited about his color
choice, but it actually turned out really nice, but I won't ever paint
another popcorn ceiling anything but white, or whatever color is on it
already. I might possibly try spray paint next time. Should have this
time, since we were painting everything else and the carpet was getting
replaced...oh well, live and learn.

When I previously mentioned SPRAY paint for the ceiling, I should make
clear - NOT to use the aerosol cans to spray, cut a paint sprayer if you
do that
sort of thing. I had my new ceilings done (flat paint the painter chose).

But when I found them impossible to clean from accidental spewing a ceiling
with a soft drink, I covered with Kilz then semi-gloss acrylic/latex.

After a New Years champagne stain and a granddaughter using a mixer that
wasn't turned off outside the bowl ...well,Further damages have been
easily cleaned.
With a 12 yr old - I'm sure you understand accidents!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-533537-.htm