Posted to alt.home.repair

Default my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-758879-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Next time use an English drain.
....or, give us more information.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

where does the new french drains water exit?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 8/10/2013 11:44 AM, jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Did you actually do a French drain or just dig a holding pit w/ some
gravel? Sounds like the latter; the water has to go somewhere and if
there's no outlet and the volume isn't large enough to accommodate the
accumulation until it can percolate, then you'll end up w/ standing water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's wrong, is that you're invading Usenet,
not posting on a web forum.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/10/2013 12:44 PM, jerseygirl wrote:

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-758879-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Isn't it obvious? Water is not draining away.
Maybe your soil is soaking wet already.
{I mean saturated with water near 100%}
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2013 1:16 PM, bob haller wrote:
where does the new french drains water exit?

Obviously to a giant puddle