DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/360882-my-french-drain-leaves-large-puddles-whats-wrong.html)

jerseygirl August 10th 13 05:44 PM

my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-758879-.htm

willshak August 10th 13 06:14 PM

jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Next time use an English drain.
....or, give us more information.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

bob haller August 10th 13 06:16 PM

my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

where does the new french drains water exit?

dpb August 10th 13 07:37 PM

On 8/10/2013 11:44 AM, jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Did you actually do a French drain or just dig a holding pit w/ some
gravel? Sounds like the latter; the water has to go somewhere and if
there's no outlet and the volume isn't large enough to accommodate the
accumulation until it can percolate, then you'll end up w/ standing water.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 10th 13 07:50 PM

my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

What's wrong, is that you're invading Usenet,
not posting on a web forum.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Tony Hwang August 10th 13 10:26 PM

jerseygirl wrote:
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Isn't it obvious? Water is not draining away.
Maybe your soil is soaking wet already.
{I mean saturated with water near 100%}

Frank[_17_] August 10th 13 10:42 PM

On 8/10/2013 1:16 PM, bob haller wrote:
where does the new french drains water exit?

Obviously to a giant puddle ;)