Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless drill recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 3:35:13 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,

And

DO NOT BUY DEWALT
I lived across the street from Whitey Bulgers headquarters in 1987. MY ancestors lived there in 1776 and gave General Howe pepe for his bunghole. Today the Executive branch is the lowest form of scum bags in world history.
Violently Overthrow the US Government
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:35:13 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,

And

....even Milwaukee is made in China so I bought a Ryobi (better model with a gearbox) and I can recommend it. 18V, light weight, and holds a charge a long time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:35:13 AM UTC-7, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,

And

I have tried Makita, Dewalt and Milwaukee but this is what I use now:

http://www.us.hilti.com/data/product/prodlarge/7670.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 02:30:35 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:35:13 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,

And

...even Milwaukee is made in China so I bought a Ryobi (better model with a gearbox) and I can recommend it. 18V, light weight, and holds a charge a long time.

I have a lot of Bosch. Love 'em all.
**
Lonesome Dove

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2013 3:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

I have 2 Bosch drills, a 14.4 volt 1/2" (NiCad) and the 12 volt 3/8"
(Lion) mini. The 14.4 volt is a workhorse. It has so much power, I
rarely need a corded drill. But, as I have aged, it seems to get
heavier. So, my grab and go drill is now the 12 volt mini for most
projects. I'm really surprised at how much power it has and how long
the relatively small batteries last, before charging.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2013 3:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

IMO, little difference amongst the better brands. I've used PC,
Panasonic (my favorite), DeWalt, Bosch, Ryobi

Buy what you need and not a larger, heavier drill that will be harder to
use for simple chores. Most homeowners only need a 14V for 99.5% of the
hobs they do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 09:50:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/6/2013 3:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

IMO, little difference amongst the better brands. I've used PC,
Panasonic (my favorite), DeWalt, Bosch, Ryobi

Buy what you need and not a larger, heavier drill that will be harder to
use for simple chores. Most homeowners only need a 14V for 99.5% of the
hobs they do.

Most homeowners can do well with a 120v electric and an extension
cord. I do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 00:35:13 -0700, Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

Not a drill, per se, but can be used as drill.

Rockwell 3Rill, with LIFETIME warrantee on batteries

Shape and weight are perfect.
Has Forward/Reverse, variable speed, variable torque, chuck for anything,
has sockets, screw drivers, drills, wood chippers, etc

Get the whole tool set, comes with two batteries - recharges flat battery,
less than an hour, have never run out of power, worth it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:12:53 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

Rockwell 3Rill, with LIFETIME warrantee on batteries

Shape and weight are perfect.
Has Forward/Reverse, variable speed, variable torque, chuck for anything,
has sockets, screw drivers, drills, wood chippers, etc

Get the whole tool set, comes with two batteries - recharges flat battery,
less than an hour, have never run out of power, worth it.

I have a 5 piece 18 V Bosch kit (bought in Jan '04). Tools are still
good but batteries need new cells. For the price of new cell, I
could get the Rockwell 3rill in a basic kit.

OP can look at some videos on the Rockwell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2013 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks, And

I have a Black & Decker 12 volt cordless I bought at Grainger in 1993
and have replaced the batteries once. The drill is identical to the
Dewalt 12 volt cordless except it's black not yellow. The drill was
manufactured before the Black & Decker drills became the cheap consumer
drills and the heavier duty drills turned into Dewalt. I had to repair
the charger when an inductor came loose from the circuit board because
of the pounding it received bouncing around in the truck but other than
replacing batteries, that's been the only trouble I've had with it and
it's received a lot of use. I suppose the only thing I can tell you
about which cordless tool to purchase, is to look for quality, take good
care of the beast and never, never loan it out. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 8/6/2013 12:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

Look for one with steel gears and a five cell Li-Ion battery (18V).

A reliable model will not be cheap.

Bosch HDH181
Dewalt DCD985L2
Milwaukee 2602-22

Avoid any drill with plastic gears.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SMS wrote:
On 8/6/2013 12:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

Look for one with steel gears and a five cell Li-Ion battery (18V).

A reliable model will not be cheap.

Bosch HDH181
Dewalt DCD985L2
Milwaukee 2602-22

Avoid any drill with plastic gears.

Hi,
I have Dealt set with two batteries, quick charger. So far so good after
years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

Rockwell 3Rill, with LIFETIME warrantee on batteries

Shape and weight are perfect.
Has Forward/Reverse, variable speed, variable torque, chuck for
anything, has sockets, screw drivers, drills, wood chippers, etc

Get the whole tool set, comes with two batteries - recharges flat
battery, less than an hour, have never run out of power, worth it.

I have a 5 piece 18 V Bosch kit (bought in Jan '04). Tools are still
good but batteries need new cells. For the price of new cell, I
could get the Rockwell 3rill in a basic kit.

OP can look at some videos on the Rockwell.

try https://www.batterydepot.com/mfg/BOS...TOOL-BATTERIES
good prices and $1.99 delivery

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2013 3:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

Festool CXS. Amazing tool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:54:52 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:

On 8/6/2013 3:35 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,
And

Festool CXS. Amazing tool.

But it does not take 3/8" bits for $250.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:08:03 PM UTC-7, SMS wrote:
On 8/6/2013 12:35 AM, Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks,

And

Look for one with steel gears and a five cell Li-Ion battery (18V).

A reliable model will not be cheap.

Bosch HDH181

Dewalt DCD985L2

Milwaukee 2602-22

Avoid any drill with plastic gears.

The spur gear on the Dewalt is plastic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 19:57:44 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

I have a 5 piece 18 V Bosch kit (bought in Jan '04). Tools are still
good but batteries need new cells. For the price of new cell, I
could get the Rockwell 3rill in a basic kit.

OP can look at some videos on the Rockwell.

try https://www.batterydepot.com/mfg/BOS...TOOL-BATTERIES
good prices and $1.99 delivery

Thanks. I have 3 batteries to rebuild or sell the tools.

18.0 Volts ( Replace NICD with high capacity upgrade)

$ 48.00 to rebuild each one.

http://primecell.com/pctools.htm

And buy this. A basic kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK2515K2-LithiumTech-12-Volt-Impact/dp/B004U4BAI8/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/185-9463621-4809350
I recall this has more torque (in impact mode) than my Bosch (in
hammer / drill mode). I'll check again later.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a 5 piece 18 V Bosch kit (bought in Jan '04).
Tools are still
good but batteries need new cells. For the price of new
cell, I
could get the Rockwell 3rill in a basic kit.

OP can look at some videos on the Rockwell.

try
https://www.batterydepot.com/mfg/BOS...TOOL-BATTERIES
good prices and $1.99 delivery

Thanks. I have 3 batteries to rebuild or sell the tools.

18.0 Volts ( Replace NICD with high capacity upgrade)

$ 48.00 to rebuild each one.

http://primecell.com/pctools.htm

And buy this. A basic kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK2515K2-LithiumTech-12-Volt-Impact/dp/B004U4BAI8/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/185-9463621-4809350
I recall this has more torque (in impact mode) than my
Bosch (in
hammer / drill mode). I'll check again later.

with primacell ya gotta pay shipping both ways which adds
$$, last time I checked it was like 15 bucks a battery
I've used batterydepot a couple of times and so far so good.
I'm getting ready to order a battery for my old 14.4
Milwakee hammer drill thats been down for a while and I sure
miss it.
I don't think you'll like the difference between the
Rockwell after using Bosch for so many years g
ymmv

also watch CPO Tools, they have some great deals sometimes.
i picked up a 18v milwakee impact driver for 75 bucks with
no battery, but I've got 3 18v batteries so it worked out
great

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob_Villa posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

...even Milwaukee is made in China so I bought a Ryobi (better model with a gearbox) and I can recommend it. 18V, light weight, and holds a charge a long time.

the same investment co owns both Ryobi & Milwaukee
but of course the quality and specs are different.

--
Tekkie