Posted to alt.home.repair

Default attempt number 2... Moldex?

Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)?
Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply.
Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and
not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.

Many thanks...

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dave" wrote:
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)?
Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply.
Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and
not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.

Many thanks...

Dave

Moldex what ? Many products.

I have used odorban or vinegar to kill mold. You have to seal or just keep
it dry afterward.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)?
Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply.
Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and
not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.

Many thanks...

You could use Concrobium ( http://www.concrobium.com/ ).

It's available at Home Depot, Lowes, ACE Hardware etc.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cata...ord=concrobium .

Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2013 5:02 PM, Dave wrote:
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)?
Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply.
Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and
not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.

Many thanks...

Dave

I'm not familiar with it, but wanted to point out that there is are MSDS
sheets on their website at
http://www.envirocarecorp.com/produc...rces/index.php.

Also to consider - when I had a substantial mold problem, the remediator
used a product whose name I cannot remember, but it was apparently based
on hydrogen peroxide. According to what they told me, the peroxide sort
of bubbled the mold to the surface where it was easier to kill plus the
H2O2 itself apparently kills mold. It seemed to work well on untreated
wood, not very well on the glossy knotty pine. Anyhow, might be worth
looking for some references on peroxide and mold.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lee B wrote:
On 7/13/2013 5:02 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

I read the mds on one powder form. They must have a dozen mold products.
Anyway, the main ingredient is what's in oxyclean, with a couple other
stuff, probably dispersants. Oxyclean is cheap at some stores. So is
vinegar.

Greg