Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attempt to save oil

The most savings in the long run will be a solar water heater backed up by
an electric water heater.

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
I have hot water off my boiler so it's on all summer running a couple
minutes several times a day weather I use hot water or not.
I'm thinking of putting in a 20 gallon electric hot water heater and
shutting down the boiler for the summers. Would I save much? My boiler is
very efficient.
I was also thinking alternatively , putting point of use electrics. These
are small 120 volt, 29 amp demand water heaters for $149.00 each. One
under the kitchen sink and one under the bathroom sink/shower feed.
Better than a storage tank of hot water? Since the boiler and hot water
tank run weather hot water is used or not verses the point of use heaters
that only run when you are actually using water, might be the best
choice?