Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attempt to save oil

Claude Hopper wrote:

I have hot water off my boiler so it's on all summer running a couple
minutes several times a day weather I use hot water or not.
I'm thinking of putting in a 20 gallon electric hot water heater and
shutting down the boiler for the summers. Would I save much? My boiler
is very efficient.

-snip-

I doubt it would be worthwhile- but you need to answer a few questions
for yourself.
1. how much oil do you use all summer.
2. how much is your oil.
3. How much is your electricity.
4. how much electricity will you use.
5. Will you be installing this stuff or paying a plumber &
electrician.

Jim