Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower runs for 10-15 minutes and then starts sputtering

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:33:25 PM UTC-5, noname wrote:
I have a fair;y new mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. The mower has always started reliably but this year it started sputtering right after starting it. I checked the gas cap, fresh gas, clear the air filter, and cleaned the carb with carb cleaner and Chemtool B12. Now the thing runs for 10 to 15 minutes like it is brand new and then starts sputtering. I have tried this over and over and it always starts sputtering at that point. Really puzzled, any ideas?

Maybe clogged air vent in the gas cap, have you tried removing the gas cap when it starts acting up/sputtering??