Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sqeaky shoes

I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak. what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default squeaky shoes

"herb white" wrote in message
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak. what
do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

Probably a couple of layers rubbing against each other, you need to get some
lubricant between the layers. How to get in there is your job to figure out,
but sometimes the inner sole (where your foot stands on inside the shoe) can
be removed and then you can access the sole and possibly get something into
it. I would avoid using WD40.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes wet lube doesn't work. You
should dose them generously with powdered
graphite.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"herb white" wrote in message ...
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes
made of plastic. They squeak when walking. I
sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet?
Thanks for a reply

Posted to alt.home.repair

herb white writes:

I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

That's easy.

Everyone here knows the answer.

If WD40 doesn't fix the problem,
then duct tape is the answer.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Dan Espen
wrote:

herb white writes:

I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

That's easy.

Everyone here knows the answer.

If WD40 doesn't fix the problem,
then duct tape is the answer.

And don't forget... nothing says quality like wrinkle free duct tape!

Erik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:54:20 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Sometimes wet lube doesn't work. You
should dose them generously with powdered
graphite.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"herb white" wrote in message ...
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes
made of plastic. They squeak when walking. I
sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet?
Thanks for a reply

Or glue. If the parts can't move they can't squeak either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

herb white wrote:
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

I don't know if this will help, but I just fixed a pair of squeaky Nike Air
Monarch sneakers. This sneakers are known to have an issue with squeaking
after a year or two - DAGS.

The fix is to pull out the inner pad to expose the canvas bottom that is
stitched into the sneaker. You then cut the canvas lining just inside the
stitching to expose the rubber webbing underneath. Sprinkle some baby
powder on the webbing, lay the canvas back on top and put the inner pad
back in.

No more squeak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

herb white wrote:
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

Super glue.

Greg

Shoes HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 25 September 19th 11 09:33 PM
MBT shoes – excellent barefoot healthy shoes jasmine shen[_2_] UK diy 0 August 9th 10 12:55 AM
Shoes Steve B[_6_] Home Repair 38 March 23rd 10 04:39 AM
Bape shoes fine[_2_] Electronics Repair 0 November 2nd 08 11:01 AM
Ladder shoes Charlie S. Home Repair 2 January 14th 08 01:46 PM