Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default sqeaky shoes

herb white wrote:
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They
squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak.
what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply

I don't know if this will help, but I just fixed a pair of squeaky Nike Air
Monarch sneakers. This sneakers are known to have an issue with squeaking
after a year or two - DAGS.

The fix is to pull out the inner pad to expose the canvas bottom that is
stitched into the sneaker. You then cut the canvas lining just inside the
stitching to expose the rubber webbing underneath. Sprinkle some baby
powder on the webbing, lay the canvas back on top and put the inner pad
back in.

No more squeak.