Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Supplying Water to Toilet from Gravity Feed Tanks

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:36:09 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Question: Would a washing machine valve
flow water (like a toilet valve) if the supply
pressure were low, from a cistern?

Yes, but at a low rate.

Does
a washing machine valve require water
pressure to close, like toilet valves in the
original post?

No, washing machine valves close when there is no power applied to
them. They have a spring, and it's probably pretty strong given the
thud that can sound through all the (cold water?) pipes in the house
when the valve closes suddenly.

Please don't leave my name below your
text, unless you're going to have your name
changed to Christopher A. Young.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

When we asked you to stop top-posting, you ignored us.
.
"micky" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:05:26 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Washing machine valve is closed, unless the
power activates the solenoid which pulls the
valve open. I've never tried a washing machine
valve with low pressure cistern water. Would be
a fun test for someone to do and let us know
what was learned.

I havent' done it, but it would fill fine. The part of the spin cycle
where the water sprays (to rinse away the left over suds) would not
work right in the machine I have. The water wouldn't have enough
pressure to spray and would just wet the clothes again, a little.

Christopher A. Young