Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Briggs 92905 breather tube query...

Anybody happen to know how the breather tube is attached at the engine
end? Had to replace the carb/tank 'cuz the top plate on the tank got
warped enough couldn't get a seal between it and base of carb to keep it
running...

Anyway, the old original carb is not longer available and the
replacement sits such that the breather tube is now about a quarter-inch
too long. It's back in under the shroud where can't see on the rear end
so haven't gotten adventurous to try to remove it and parts diagrams
don't really show clearly how it is. It would surely be much easier to
get tubing cutter in right spot if it just slips in a o-ring or some
such and wouldn't have to pull the whole top off...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:02:55 -0500, dpb wrote:

Anybody happen to know how the breather tube is attached at the engine
end? Had to replace the carb/tank 'cuz the top plate on the tank got
warped enough couldn't get a seal between it and base of carb to keep it
running...

Anyway, the old original carb is not longer available and the
replacement sits such that the breather tube is now about a quarter-inch
too long. It's back in under the shroud where can't see on the rear end
so haven't gotten adventurous to try to remove it and parts diagrams
don't really show clearly how it is. It would surely be much easier to
get tubing cutter in right spot if it just slips in a o-ring or some
such and wouldn't have to pull the whole top off...

I can't really say. Is it attached using a "breather tube grommet"?

Sample:

http://www.cameronsmallengines.com/catalog/i109.html
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/16/2013 1:16 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:02:55 -0500, wrote:

Anybody happen to know how the breather tube is attached at the engine
end? Had to replace the carb/tank 'cuz the top plate on the tank got
warped enough couldn't get a seal between it and base of carb to keep it
running...

Anyway, the old original carb is not longer available and the
replacement sits such that the breather tube is now about a quarter-inch
too long. It's back in under the shroud where can't see on the rear end
so haven't gotten adventurous to try to remove it and parts diagrams
don't really show clearly how it is. It would surely be much easier to
get tubing cutter in right spot if it just slips in a o-ring or some
such and wouldn't have to pull the whole top off...

I can't really say. Is it attached using a "breather tube grommet"?

Sample:

http://www.cameronsmallengines.com/catalog/i109.html

That's the "connector" at the carb end that's too far forward w/ the new
carb...

I need to shorten the tube so there's an ell at that point instead of an
overlap and it'll be easier by itself instead of in place. But, I'd
just as soon not have to pull all the mounting hardware, etc., required
to pull the shroud to get to that end if not necessary...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/16/2013 1:46 PM, dpb wrote:
On 6/16/2013 1:16 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:02:55 -0500, wrote:

Anybody happen to know how the breather tube is attached at the engine
end? ...

I can't really say. Is it attached using a "breather tube grommet"?

Sample:

http://www.cameronsmallengines.com/catalog/i109.html

That's the "connector" at the carb end that's too far forward w/ the new
carb...

I need to shorten the tube so there's an ell at that point instead of an
overlap and it'll be easier by itself instead of in place. But, I'd just
as soon not have to pull all the mounting hardware, etc., required to
pull the shroud to get to that end if not necessary...

Well, turns out it's threaded and is something just a scootch smaller OD
than 1/8" NPT -- as near as can tell w/ a few threads the pitch
matches...but, anyway, it won't thread into the hole and then one can
tell when look carefully the new threads aren't quite so deep.

What a pita!!! I've nothing even close in the shop so guess we're now
on a mission. I suppose it's some of that metrification crap going on...

Do combis take a breather? Paul D Smith UK diy 10 December 22nd 11 08:51 AM
under roof tile breather membrane issue - water beading /condensation Tom[_4_] UK diy 5 February 1st 10 10:15 AM
On pump-over and breather height [email protected] UK diy 1 September 17th 07 03:16 PM
Soil pipe breather richard UK diy 2 October 8th 05 12:04 PM
Breather Membrane by the Metre Kevin Brady UK diy 1 September 16th 05 11:18 AM