Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

I am trying to send a fax with a piece of **** HP printer. Message says my cartridges are the wrong type. They are not the wrong ones. THey are the ones HP dictates. HP dictates I have to buy new cartridges even though I do not need them.
What a bunch of capitalist bu****.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:42:26 AM UTC-6, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

I am trying to send a fax with a piece of **** HP printer. Message says my cartridges are the wrong type. They are not the wrong ones. THey are the ones HP dictates. HP dictates I have to buy new cartridges even though I do not need them.

What a bunch of capitalist bu****.

Hopeless cause...NEXT

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 7:42 AM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

I am trying to send a fax with a piece of **** HP printer. Message says my cartridges are the wrong type. They are not the wrong ones. THey are the ones HP dictates. HP dictates I have to buy new cartridges even though I do not need them.
What a bunch of capitalist bu****.

Is this an old printer? If so, you might be out of luck. I think
sometimes windows installs it's own drivers that make things a little
crazy. Happened to me recently.....I went to HP's website and
downloaded the driver for my printer...works fine now without the BSOD
showing up )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 2:31 PM, Norminn wrote:
On 6/11/2013 7:42 AM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

I am trying to send a fax with a piece of **** HP printer. Message
says my cartridges are the wrong type. They are not the wrong ones.
THey are the ones HP dictates. HP dictates I have to buy new
cartridges even though I do not need them.
What a bunch of capitalist bu****.

Is this an old printer? If so, you might be out of luck. I think
sometimes windows installs it's own drivers that make things a little
crazy. Happened to me recently.....I went to HP's website and
downloaded the driver for my printer...works fine now without the BSOD
showing up )

Maybe a new machine. You obviously don't need a print cartridge to send
a fax but need it to print one. HP is a PITA in shutting things down
when your cartridge is empty. My old HP will print in black and white
when color is nearly out but my newer one won't until you replace the
empty cartridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:41:03 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 6/11/2013 2:31 PM, Norminn wrote:
On 6/11/2013 7:42 AM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
HPprinter cartridge not intended to send fax

I am trying to send a fax with a piece of **** HP printer. Message
says my cartridges are the wrong type. They are not the wrong ones.
THey are the ones HP dictates. HP dictates I have to buy new
cartridges even though I do not need them.
What a bunch of capitalist bu****.

Is this an old printer? If so, you might be out of luck. I think
sometimes windows installs it's own drivers that make things a little
crazy. Happened to me recently.....I went to HP's website and
downloaded the driver for my printer...works fine now without the BSOD
showing up )

Maybe a new machine. You obviously don't need a print cartridge to send

I presume this is a scanner cartridge, that installs in the printer to
turn it into a scanner.

a fax but need it to print one. HP is a PITA in shutting things down
when your cartridge is empty. My old HP will print in black and white

So it should be neither empty nor full.

when color is nearly out but my newer one won't until you replace the
empty cartridge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What type of cartridge would turn a printer into a scanner? That's not
something I've ever heard of. In my world, the scanning function is built
into the printer...no cartridges are involved.