Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The business of yarn store

Yarn, a continuous length of natural or synthetic fibers, is used for textile production, sewing, embroidering works, weaving, knitting, etc. depending on the usage yarn is of different specifications and has different finishing. Natural plant fiber cotton is most commonly spun into fine yarn for making clothes through mechanical weaving or knitting. Natural animal fiber Wool is another extensively used fiber for wool yarns which is preferred for hand knitting of sweaters, woolen caps, etc.,

Continue to read: http://imaginationrestoration.wordpr...of-yarn-store/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 5:23 AM, Margaret Sullivan wrote:

Yarn, a continuous length of natural or synthetic fibers, is used for textile production, sewing, embroidering works, weaving, knitting, etc. depending on the usage yarn is of different specifications and has different finishing. Natural plant fiber cotton is most commonly spun into fine yarn for making clothes through mechanical weaving or knitting. Natural animal fiber Wool is another extensively used fiber for wool yarns which is preferred for hand knitting of sweaters, woolen caps, etc.,

Continue to read: http://imaginationrestoration.wordpr...of-yarn-store/

Can your yarn be used to knit a noose, I think I want to hang myself? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 5:23 AM, Margaret Sullivan wrote:

Yarn, a continuous length of natural or synthetic fibers, is used for
textile production, sewing, embroidering works, weaving, knitting,
etc. depending on the usage yarn is of different specifications and
has different finishing. Natural plant fiber cotton is most commonly
spun into fine yarn for making clothes through mechanical weaving or
knitting. Natural animal fiber Wool is another extensively used fiber
for wool yarns which is preferred for hand knitting of sweaters,
woolen caps, etc.,

Continue to read:
http://imaginationrestoration.wordpr...of-yarn-store/

Can your yarn be used to knit a noose, I think I want to hang myself? o_O

TDD

I recently found a good use for some absolutely ugly yarn.....it is
bright lime green in a popular fringe style. Guess you use it
(normally) to knit scarves or boas.....can't really imagine socks or
mittens with 2" fringe.....but, my koi were spawning and I wasn't about
to spend $25 for a spawn brush. Fish eggs clump together and wait for
the other half to arrive. Baby koi seemed like an interesting idea, so
I was going to go find a cheaper version of something to use for a koi
brush, yarn coming to mind, as in water it could be a fair imitation of
seaweed. Didn't get to the store right away....too busy planting garden
and landscaping new yard....but a neighbor had a garage sale and I
hadn't yet met that neighbor, so I went over to check things out.
There, to my delight, was a bunch of ugly yarn for $1. Wrapped up a
hank of the stuff, tied it together and dropped it into the pond, with a
leash to keep it near the side of the pond. Lo and behold, when I
checked it for eggs I found fish hiding in it. Then a big fat frog
moved into the pond and he likes to hang out in the yarn, too.

I've adapted my filter to work better, too. Filter media for koi ponds
is about $13 per sq ft. That's $26 to replace the entire filter for the
pond. I knew there would be something better/cheaper, and I regularly
prowl hardware aisles to keep up on gadgets that can be adapted to
another purpose. Furnace filters not fine enough. Coffee filters not
large enough. Nothing in the water filtering area that was suitable.
Then to window AC filters....voila!! Two big sheets of thin foam for
AC's, along with a sheet of screen scavenged from an old window screen,
and the two together filter out the majority of crap that collects in
pond filters.

The algae that collects on the bottom of the pond never reaches the
filter. Tried a pool vacuum; junk. Old scrub brush on long handle
sweeps the algae (very gently) into a pile that I can easily get with
the shop vac. Now, if I had an easy way to run a line for the vac from
garage to pond, I'd have it made. Then I could sit and watch the fish,
frogs and other critters that enjoy the pond with me. If the weather
warms up, the water lilies will bloom )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 6:52 AM, Norminn wrote:
[...]

You are a fine example of a smart human being who can see a problem and
adapt the materials at hand to accomplish a task. It's a lot like the
Off-Label Drug application you may be familiar with? It wasn't meant for
a particular use but gets the job done that no one else may have
considered. I salute thee smart human! ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Thanks! Nice of you to send a compliment ) I'm pondering how to
remodel my "waterfall", which is just a pile of large rocks about 5'
high...looks like an ancient tomb, and not a bad place to hide a body.
The water falls four levels onto slabs of flagstone, then to a HUGE rock
from where it drops to the pond. That rock is probably 300# and not
mortared in place....just balanced and held in place by rocks above it.
No way get to it with enough people to lift it, but probably can lay
some 4x4's across pond below it, let it drop, the turn it over on the
4x4's to get it onto the edge of the pond. Pond is in the shape of a
fat, wide rowboat and about as natural looking as Kim Kardashian! Ugh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2013 7:54 AM, Norminn wrote:
[...]

Kim Kardashian's backside? It's very disturbing to me how mannequin
looking the celebrities who are famous for no particular reason. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Mannequin???! Pillsbury Dough Girl? Silicone explosion? How does she
find husband's whose name begins with "K"? Who is next....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2013 7:19 AM, Norminn wrote:

********Knock Out Da Fat********

[...]

I'm finding the celebrity practice of getting plastic surgery that makes
them look like pod people to be quite perturbing. Aging actors who
looked perfectly fine and normal for their age are being altered
to look like they're all from the same outer space alien race. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I think you are the first male I've ever witnessed to take issue with
plastic surgery.....what looks good at 40 likely will not look good at
65, and it might be in a different location....I've never seen a plastic
surgeon who had had plastic surgery (it ain't hard to tell!). I used to
work in the OR and scrubbed on lots of breast augmentations....always
wondered where the rest of the breast would be in 40 years when skin and
fat goes south )

With all the ads for drugs and surgery to treat male baldness, I'd
like to tell the world (not that they care) that I think bald is sexy
) And anyone who takes female hormones to "treat" hot flashes should
just get rid of all of the polyester garments and switch to
cotton/silk/linen. Jeesh! Hormone supplements do more harm than good,
as do lots of other drugs....and the drug companies must be selling
truckloads of testosterone supplements....cancer, anyone?

O.T. Yarn diggerop Woodworking 9 November 15th 09 04:20 PM
Caulking Yarn - Plumbing? timjh0 UK diy 6 April 7th 09 10:20 AM
How you present ideas in business can be just as if not moreimportant than just having a great idea. You must dress for business successwhen making a presentation. Dressing in business attire will help you toimpress your senior managers and clients. [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:35 AM
hardware store becomes big business Jim Home Repair 0 November 30th 06 04:38 PM
Braided Glass yarn TMC UK diy 0 October 9th 05 01:20 PM