Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default The IRS Scandal.

" wrote in
:

My claims are bizarre? We have nitwits here claiming the Reagan
recovery
was due to the PC and Star Wars.

When in fact it was due to the most
reckless deficit spending in the country's
history.

"While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt
went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over
2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase."
http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On 6/10/2013 9:16 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
" wrote in
:

My claims are bizarre? We have nitwits here claiming the Reagan
recovery
was due to the PC and Star Wars.

When in fact it was due to the most
reckless deficit spending in the country's
history.

"While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt
went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over
2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase."
http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Hum, I seem to recall a weak country under Democrat "rule" before
President Reagan came along and rebuilt the our military which had
deteriorated when the Democrats were in control. I remember no gas
being available for my car and extremely high mortgage rates making
housing unaffordable to many Americans. Wage freezes and government
mandated price controls put in place by Democrat "rule" which really
depressed Americans and made us very angry. Other countries decided
they didn't want to screw with America when Reagan took office. I
remember Kadafi shutting the hell up after Reagan sent the Navy and Air
Force to tell him so. Amazing how things change in the world when
America decides to put up its dukes. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

:

My claims are bizarre? We have nitwits here claiming the Reagan
recovery
was due to the PC and Star Wars.

When in fact it was due to the most
reckless deficit spending in the country's
history.

"While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt
went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over
2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase."
http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Hum, I seem to recall a weak country under Democrat "rule" before
President Reagan came along and rebuilt the our military which had
deteriorated when the Democrats were in control.

Fact check: Military spending went
UP every year under the Carter presidency.

Year.....Defense budget, in billions

1976.............89.6
1977.............97.2
1978.............104.5
1979............ 116.3
1980.............134.0
1981.............157.5

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/mil4095.htm

I remember no gas
being available for my car and extremely high mortgage rates making
housing unaffordable to many Americans. Wage freezes and government
mandated price controls put in place by Democrat "rule" which really
depressed Americans and made us very angry. Other countries decided
they didn't want to screw with America when Reagan took office. I
remember Kadafi shutting the hell up after Reagan sent the Navy and Air
Force to tell him so.

Yes, Reagan sure keep the bad guys at bay.

Opps..............

April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut

Reagan response: None.

Sept 1983 - KAL 007 shot down by USSR, 290
civilians killed.

Reagan response: None.

Oct. 23, 1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in
Beirut 247 Marines killed.

Reagan response: Retreat.

Dec. 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

Reagan response: none

March 16, 1984 CIA Station Chief William Buckley
kidnapped and tortured to death

Reagan response: Sells arms to Iran

June 14, 1985 Hijacking of TWA Flight 847. Robert
Dean Stethem, a U.S. Navy diver, was shot

Reagan response: None

October 1985 - January 1986 Hijacking of cruise
ship Achille Lauro; American Leon Klinghoffer
killed. Bombing of Rome, Vienna airports

Reagan US response: None

April 5, 1986 Bombing of La Belle Discotheque
in Germany; one american soldier killed

Reagan response: 200 US aircraft
attack Tripoli and Benghazi; two days later,
three Americans were murdered in Beirut.

March 1987 - USS Stark attack by Iraqi missiles,
37 US sailors killed.

Reagan response: None.

August 1988 - Iraq gasses Kurd villages with US-
supplied helicopters, thousands killed.

Reagan response: US aid to Saddam increased.

December 1988 - Pan Am 103 blown up over Lockerbie
by Libyan terrorists, 270 killed.

Reagan response: none.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On 6/11/2013 7:16 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

[...]

Yea, but what was it spent on. Things like a study to find out why
Lesbian soldiers are fat? Sensitivity training? Closing military bases?
$200.00 toilet seats? Perhaps, there are lies, damn lies then there are
statistics. If the price of everything is astronomical due to government
action/inaction then the cost of operation will be much higher. The
money was spent on what? Try to explain that. When Reagan was in office
there was a very active program out of the Regan Administration to cut
costs and eliminate waste in organizations like
the military. I do remember P.L.L.C.F. howling about cuts in government
spending by the evil Republicans. "Oh Regan was going to starve the
children and throw Grandma out on the street!" ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

[...]

Wrong, again.

The military procurement horror tales of the 1980s
10/27/2000

When President Ronald Reagan first heard of the
outrageous overcharging on ABC’s 20/20, which
exposed the labyrinthine military purchasing
bureaucracy that allowed $1,118.26 to be paid
for a spare plastic cap for a navigator’s stool
on a B-52 bomber (worth about two cents), he
demanded answers from Secretary of Defense Casper
Weinberger.

Weinberger promised Reagan he would determine the
malefactors and punish them, but instead he appeared
on Capitol Hill and DEFENDED the shocking prices.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/4314/#ZhsPlX7HVJ72Bx5L.99

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Jun 11, 8:32*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
[...]

Yea, but what was it spent on.

Oh no my friend. Not so fast. Don't accept the faulty lib evidence.
Inflation was also raging during the Carter years. So, almost all of
what looks like a big increase is in fact just inflation. From 1977
to 1981 inflation took prices from $100 to $145.

Let's do the math:

1977 97.2bil x 1.45 = $141bil

So, assuming his numbers are correct, military spending only
increased from $141bil to $157.5bil over the 4 years of Carter.

Things like a study to find out why
Lesbian soldiers are fat? Sensitivity training? Closing military bases?
$200.00 toilet seats? Perhaps, there are lies, damn lies then there are
statistics. If the price of everything is astronomical due to government
action/inaction then the cost of operation will be much higher. The
money was spent on what? Try to explain that. When Reagan was in office
there was a very active program out of the Regan Administration to cut
costs and eliminate waste in organizations like
the military. I do remember P.L.L.C.F. howling about cuts in government
spending by the evil Republicans. "Oh Regan was going to starve the
children and throw Grandma out on the street!" *^_^

Whatever he was spending it on, it wasn't working very well.
Carter sure didn't look like he had a strong military when he let
those **** ant nutty Muslims in Iran wipe his face and the whole
country's face in the dirt for an entire year. And when he finally
decided to do a rescue operation, we know how that failed with
a bunch of broken down helicopters in the desert. Also, that
military spending really impressed the Russians, so much so
that they freely invaded Afghanistan. Did you ever hear any of
the former Russian defense and govt officials talk about how
they feared Carter and his military spending? Can't think of one.
There is a long list of them that feared Reagan, his military
spending and his SDI. And they are no longer a threat. Money
well spent I say. I guess our lib friends don't care about
freeing hundreds of millions of people and ending the Cold War.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On 6/11/2013 8:04 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

[...]

Heck if I produced a plastic cap for a B-52 seat, I'd demand $1,118.26
for it too. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

finger.net wrote:
[...]

I actually worked on building the mission control center for SDI at what
is now The Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site.
That was back in the late 1980's. I loved it out there in the middle
of The Pacific. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org
wiki/Ronald_Reagan_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_Test_Site

http://tinyurl.com/mx93bxj

TDD