Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good reason to wrap your own trimmer line spools.

Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped working?

I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped
working?
I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

I guess you know now why they were on Amazon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 8:00*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped
working?
I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

I guess you know now why they were on Amazon.

I think that's an unfair shot at Amazon. I've bought a lot of things
on Amazon and have not had a problem. Very often what you
find on Amazon or Ebay is the same stuff you'd get from ACE
hardware or the local parts shop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 5:51*pm, gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped working?

I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

Could they have been mounted upside down????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2013 7:00 PM, Bob F wrote:
gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped
working?
I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

I guess you know now why they were on Amazon.

No. I bought them at HomeDepot. I used the Amazon pic because it shows
the arrow on the spool.

I won't be buying the factory wound spools anywhere. I think I learned
my lesson. I can wrap them backwards just as well as the factory. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2013 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Jun 7, 5:51 pm, gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped working?

I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

Could they have been mounted upside down????

No. They only go in one way. The sprocket side towards the trimmer.

BTW, the trimmer is a really good one when the line is wound correctly.
It's worked flawless for approx 5 years now. Black & Decker 18 volt
cordless Grasshog trimmer/edger. Only problem is, on a large job I need
two fully charged batteries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/13 06:51 pm, gonjah wrote:
Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped
working?

I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized
the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped
backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ7PJQ

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

Menards (Wisconsin-based "Home Improvement" chain) had the B&D spools on
sale a while back, but while I was looking at them one of the employees
told me, "Don't bother buying those; just buy a 'bulk' spool and rewind
your original one."

Perce

Ever get ill after using a line-trimmer? ShadowTek[_2_] Home Repair 62 May 5th 19 11:42 PM
Trimmer line John Rumm UK diy 5 June 8th 12 12:39 PM
string trimmer line size micky Home Repair 10 September 3rd 11 01:31 PM
Gas line trimmer help needed John Lawrence Home Repair 0 May 29th 06 05:46 PM
String Trimmer line Roy Metalworking 5 May 25th 06 02:16 AM