Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A tractor, a chain, and one less eye

I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident
his uncle recently had.

He was cutting some wood on his land and had a tractor and a chain that
he was using to pull the logs. Apparently when he tossed the chain in
the direction of the tractor, it landed across the battery or some
electrical connections and starting sparking. As he moved towards the
tractor to remove the chain, the battery exploded.

He was dressed in coveralls and a long sleeve shirt, so the acid burns
were minor, but a piece of the battery case hit him the eye. The tractor
was disabled so he had to walk about 15 minutes with a bleeding eye to
get to the main road.

He called 911 along the way and the ambulance met him at the road. They
were unable to save his eye and he now has a prosthetic. My barber said
that they used digital imaging to take a picture of his good eye and
then created a "lens" for the prosthetic so that it matches his other
eye perfectly. The eye moves normally so people can't tell that it's not
his real eye.

I certainly feel bad for the guy, but the story is kind of interesting.
It's got everything from an old-school farmer out in the woods cutting
trees to the latest modern digital imaging and surgical techniques. Kind
of neat...unless you're that farmer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 May 2013 23:57:41 -0400, DerbyDad03
wrote:

I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident
his uncle recently had.

You already posted this once. Why again?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident
his uncle recently had.

You already posted this once. Why again?

Newsreader on iPad is finicky. Sometimes it says that the post didn't go. I
should stick to Thunderbird on my computer but the PC is hard to use while
I'm taking a dump.

Carry that visual around for a while. Your welcome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

So you mostly double send from your iPoop?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

Newsreader on iPad is finicky. Sometimes it says that the post didn't go. I
should stick to Thunderbird on my computer but the PC is hard to use while
I'm taking a dump.

Carry that visual around for a while. Your welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/13 8:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
So you mostly double send from your iPoop?

That's why it's called Number 2.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus