Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How hear doorbell out in garden?

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:07:40 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

I carry my cell phone in my pocket, even when in the back
yard.
Seems
like in this wonderful world of technology, someone should
have
doorbell "app" that would dial your phone

Why not? My garage door opener has an app that calls, sends a
text,
or email when the garage door is opened. I have no idea why
someone
would want such a thing, but it's in there.

ground shakes a limbaughnista agreeing with me?

Agreed? The idiot lefty insists on remaining an idiot lefty.

typical limbaughnista turning yourself into an idiot lefty

That is about the *dumbest* thing you've ever said, on so many
levels.
It's hard to believe that your could top yourself, but you have.
Really amazing.

And yet you keep trying. Typical limbaughnista tactic to deny, deny,
deny and then blame, blame, blame

Once again, the stupid lefty demonstrates why he's a stupid lefty.

poor limbaughnista, just keep following the party line. LOL

Poor lefty, too stupid to even read what he wrote.

poor limbaughnista, too dedicated to the party line to think for yourself

Poor lefty, too *stupid* to think for himself.

Keep on following the party line: left, right left, right...oh wait for
you it has to be right, right, right, right, right, right so that you
can keep going in circles
Junior Member

I think mostly the people get rid from all this wire things.I think you must installed a wireless system for your home. Because mostly the wire got damaged and you don't be aware of that until you see the damaged and you don't get any alarm in your office until the damage wire will be replaced and it cost you more.

Last edited by Alder : September 13th 14 at 12:02 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:04:56 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
I have ruined several phones by taking them out while doing yard work and forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

The front door bell rings -- is installed -- above the door frame just inside the kitchen door.

What does this non-techie have to do? Run a wire from the box in the kitchen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

TIA for any help.

I read all the (non-political) suggestions with great interest.

1. Cell-phone in yard. Put in ziploc bag. Talk about not thinking outside the box! Hits self in forehead (almost) hard enough to cause injury.

2. Can't hear doorbell: Will try to investigate flashing light, etc. Maybe through some handicapped Website? Not sure I'm up to finessing the doorbell to connect in back.

Many thanks to (almost) all.

Now must get back to preparing MY plaything at CERN for two years from now when I will collide these little guys much, much harder.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2013 4:19 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Are you still trying to find "The God Particle"? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2013 4:19 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Now must get back to preparing MY plaything at CERN for two years from
now when I will collide these little guys much, much harder.

HB

Are you still trying to find "The God Particle"? ^_^

TDD

Well, guess what. There ain't just one of those little critters.
Maybe. I hope the EPA doesn't hear about this. I'm thinking endangered
species list. There's only one for sure so far.
HuffPo link: http://tinyurl.com/co2o3vv

I can hear you... Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 17 December 11th 12 05:55 PM
EVER HEAR OF A 31/32-28 TAP? Randy Metalworking 5 February 5th 10 11:03 PM
Did I hear right George UK diy 0 July 30th 08 09:00 PM
"Do yo hear what I hear?" was Recession is a given. Can we avoid a Bush Depression? Larry Jaques Metalworking 1 April 3rd 08 04:02 AM
Anybody here ever hear of this Craven Morehead Home Repair 2 August 26th 06 04:48 AM