Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Well Pumo Switch Reset - How to?

This morning, our water well pump lost power. The Pumptrol Square D
9013 FSG switch appears to have tripped and the water pressure dial is
all the way down to zero. No water is being drawn from the well. The
pump tank says "Franklin Electric".

How do I trobleshoot this? This particular switch has no on/off lever
unlike the previous model. The switch cover has signs of soot but I am
unable to tell if this is recent or accumulated over the years. I
checked the circuit breaker panel and the well pump switch as not
tripped.

Please help - we have no water! Thanks,

Fil
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2013 5:16 AM, Filibogado wrote:
This morning, our water well pump lost power. The Pumptrol Square D
9013 FSG switch appears to have tripped and the water pressure dial is
all the way down to zero. No water is being drawn from the well. The
pump tank says "Franklin Electric".

How do I trobleshoot this? This particular switch has no on/off lever
unlike the previous model. The switch cover has signs of soot but I am
unable to tell if this is recent or accumulated over the years. I
checked the circuit breaker panel and the well pump switch as not
tripped.

Please help - we have no water! Thanks,

Fil

There is nothing on the Square D pressure switch that trips. It is a
pressure activated double pole switch. It has two sets of contacts in
it, and can be wired in a couple of ways depending upon what other
controls are involved to operate the well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Filibogado
wrote in
Re
Water Well Pumo Switch Reset - How to?:

checked the circuit breaker panel and the well pump switch as not
tripped.

Try switching the well pump switch to "off" and then back to "on".

Do you have something that you can use to check to see if you have
voltage at the pump switch? If so, check that. If not, see if you can
get a meter or tester like one of these
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=voltage+tester&Ns=None&N tpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2013 2:16 AM, Filibogado wrote:
This morning, our water well pump lost power. The Pumptrol Square D
9013 FSG switch appears to have tripped and the water pressure dial is
all the way down to zero. No water is being drawn from the well. The
pump tank says "Franklin Electric".

How do I trobleshoot this? This particular switch has no on/off lever
unlike the previous model. The switch cover has signs of soot but I am
unable to tell if this is recent or accumulated over the years. I
checked the circuit breaker panel and the well pump switch as not
tripped.

Please help - we have no water! Thanks,

Fil

This is when you call the well service people. With no more information
than what you gave, it could be many different things. What kind of
well? what kind of pump? Did you bother to take the cover off the
control box? Any obvious problems? Does the pump run off 220 volts? Is
there an /AC capacitor in the control box has it heated up and vented?

Paul