Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Peeling hardboiled eggs

I saw this on another newsgroup and
thought people here would find it useful

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

In my retirement , I am sometimes asked
by neighbors how to solve certain problems
they have run into. I do my best. One of
the more recent problems was put to me by
a neighbor who loved hardboiled eggs, but
only had an axe available to peel it with.
After some study, I have come up with the
following procedure :

First , holding the egg in your left hand
and the axe in your right, set the egg on
a hard surface.

Then, with the flat side of the axe, gently
tap the egg on the equator, cracking the shell
gently.

Rotate the egg, and continue this until the
eggshell has been slightly cracked around it’s
full circumference.

Now, rotate the axe until the blade edge is
facing the egg. Gently pry a piece of the
cracked eggshell away from the egg.

Rotate the egg, and continue this until the
entire shell has been flaked off....

You now have a perfectly peeled hardboiled
egg.... You can also use the blade to slice the
egg, if that is your preference. Personally,
I like to switch to a machete for this, as it
has a better “feel”...

On the other hand if you don’t have an
axe handy, or cannot afford one, you can
use your right hand instead for this procedure.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:17:59 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

[...]

_How to Peel an Egg Russian Way!_

(from the mad hacker)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=opK1Py1Zkt4
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I saw this on another newsgroup and
thought people here would find it useful

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I want to try this, but I'm a little concerned whether to use a 6 string
Axe or a 12 string axe? Will a Bass axe work too, even if it only had 4
strings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 10:12 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:17:59 -0700 (PDT),
HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I want to try this, but I'm a little concerned whether to use a 6 string
Axe or a 12 string axe? Will a Bass axe work too, even if it only had 4
strings?

I'd try the 12 string since it could be used for slicing later.

But the Bass should be rolled in corn meal and fried.....

Everbody knows that !!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert wrote:

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm
wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

With a butane lighter in the other hand? Spray WD makes some wicked flame.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"badgolferman" wrote in message
Robert wrote:

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm
wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:06:27 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

Robert wrote:

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm
wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.

Of course not[*]. It'll dry it out! ;-)
[*] boiling point is too low.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"badgolferman" wrote:
Robert wrote:

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm
wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.

For what it's worth, I tried the hard boiled egg - duct tape process on a
half dozen eggs.

When it works, it works great. 4 of the 6 eggs peeled as cleanly as shown
in the video.

One of the other two had gotten too sweaty for the duct tape to adhere
sufficiently.

The other one was one of those eggs where the shell was stuck to the egg so
strongly that most of the egg stayed in the shell and about that was left
outside was the yolk. I did managed to scrap most of the white out of the
busted up shell, but it was still a mess.

All in all, the process works fairly well. The trick is definitely to make
sure that you have full adhesion between the tape and shell.

OT; Perfect boiled eggs The Medway Handyman UK diy 43 July 7th 09 09:55 PM
The Constitutional right to bear eggs.... Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 0 April 18th 09 04:41 AM
The Constitutional right to bear eggs.... Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 0 April 18th 09 04:08 AM
Carving eggs OT Kevin Woodturning 0 September 5th 08 07:26 PM
What cost 1,000,000 pcs 5' foam eggs? [email protected] UK diy 150 July 7th 05 06:02 PM