Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Peeling hardboiled eggs

"badgolferman" wrote:
Robert wrote:

HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE :

I saw a video on how to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape. I'm
wondering if you can use WD-40 to fry an egg as well.

For what it's worth, I tried the hard boiled egg - duct tape process on a
half dozen eggs.

When it works, it works great. 4 of the 6 eggs peeled as cleanly as shown
in the video.

One of the other two had gotten too sweaty for the duct tape to adhere
sufficiently.

The other one was one of those eggs where the shell was stuck to the egg so
strongly that most of the egg stayed in the shell and about that was left
outside was the yolk. I did managed to scrap most of the white out of the
busted up shell, but it was still a mess.

All in all, the process works fairly well. The trick is definitely to make
sure that you have full adhesion between the tape and shell.