Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are my ducts noisy because of heat or too much air?

I posted before about my noisy ducts -- crash, bang, pow, all night.
I'm about to call a home improvement guy and have him remove the dry
wall on the ceiling, replace or tighten the duct, then repair the dry
wall. I don't think it will be a big job, but someone told me that
the problem might be too much air going through the ducts because of
the new more powerful furnace (two stage, variable speed, 95K BTU).
Can someone advise me on this?

I think it is the heat because: 1) It happens at only two ducts, 2) I
get a noise when it cools down and sometimes long after it cools down.

More importantly, I got the furnace from a VERY reputable firm, and I
don't think they would make a mistake like that, and I got two other
quotes from other reputable firms, all of whom were ready to sell the
same furnace. Surely, they couldn't all make the same mistake.

So, any advice?