Junior Member

Question Baxi Wm38/3RS Room Thermostat

I inherited a BAXI when I moved house.
It is connected to a 3-port valve (activated when the CH comes on), a HW cylinder, (a pump,) and a timer control (POTTERTON EP20000) with seperate CH and HW switches.

My problem is that we have no wiring diagram and I want to add a wireless Room Thermostat to the system.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by MHGAS : March 22nd 13 at 04:02 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Baxi Wm38/3RS Room Thermostat

--
MHGAS

It would help if you told us the type of heating system, what is a 3-
port valve, where is it located, a HW cylinder, Ch and HW?? If you
want help, you have to provide enough information!!!!!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:
I inherited a BAXI when I moved house.
It is connected to a 3-port valve (activated when the CH comes on), a HW
cylinder, (a pump,) and a timer control (POTTERTON EP20000) with
seperate CH and HW switches.

My problem is that we have no wiring diagram and I want to add a
wireless Room Thermostat to the system.

Can anyone help?

--
MHGAS

It would help if you told us the type of heating system, what is a 3-
port valve, where is it located, a HW cylinder, Ch and HW?? If you
want help, you have to provide enough information!!!!!
What type of Heating system - Gas fired with HW cylinder?

A 3-port valve is a term in common usage in the UK, and means a valve with 3 openings usually arranged in a "T" shape. Mine is motorised, located under floor boards near the pump and activates when the CH comes on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 22, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:

I inherited a BAXI when I moved house.
It is connected to a 3-port valve (activated when the CH comes on), a HW
cylinder, (a pump,) and a timer control (POTTERTON EP20000) with
seperate CH and HW switches.

My problem is that we have no wiring diagram and I want to add a
wireless Room Thermostat to the system.

Can anyone help?

--
MHGAS

It would help if you told us the type of heating system, what is a 3-
port valve, where is it located, a HW cylinder, Ch and HW?? *If you
want help, you have to provide enough information!!!!!

Before we even get to that, which may not matter, we
should find out what he means by "adding a wireless thermostat"? At
one extreme, it could mean just replacing
the existing one. At the other, it could mean he wants to
control the temperature in another room seperately and
in addition to the existing thermostat.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
On Mar 22, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:

[...]

Currently there are no room thermostats!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 23, 1:11*pm, MHGAS wrote:
[_2_ Wrote:

;3034721']On Mar 22, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:-
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:
-
[...]

MHGAS- Hide quoted text -

We still want to know what kind of a system you are talking about, and
what is CH and HW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have some great experts in this group, but we have to know about
the base system before we can give meaningful advice!!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2013 10:28 PM, wrote:
On Mar 23, 1:11 pm, MHGAS wrote:
[_2_ Wrote:

;3034721']On Mar 22, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:-
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:
-
[...]

Could "CH" be Chilled Water and "HW" be Hot Water? In The U.S., many
office and institutional buildings are heated and cooled by a glycol and
water mix circulating to coils in air handlers that can be mounted in
rectangular housings under the windows or in the ceiling duct work. It
may be that the OP has a smaller scale system in his home? ^_^

TDD
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHGAS View Post
I inherited a BAXI when I moved house.
It is connected to a 3-port valve (activated when the CH comes on), a HW cylinder, (a pump,) and a timer control (POTTERTON EP20000) with seperate CH and HW switches.

My problem is that we have no wiring diagram and I want to add a wireless Room Thermostat to the system.

Can anyone help?
THANKS EVERYONE - I'M RE-SUBMITING THIS TO THE UK-DIY FORUM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 12:03*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/23/2013 10:28 PM, wrote:

On Mar 23, 1:11 pm, MHGAS wrote:
[_2_ Wrote:

;3034721']On Mar 22, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:-
On Mar 22, 10:59*am, MHGAS wrote:
-
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

We'll see if the OP comes back again.

Room thermostat [email protected] UK diy 6 December 31st 10 06:22 PM
No room thermostat, is this right? tim..... UK diy 17 August 8th 08 10:31 PM
Baxi thermostat destroys Freeview TV picture David Chaplin UK diy 7 December 13th 06 04:54 PM
Room thermostat williamsmark UK diy 6 November 22nd 05 08:00 PM
Room thermostat Mihai UK diy 2 November 5th 03 09:45 PM