Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low-stress way to install crown molding

From Popular Mechanics
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...ick=pp#slide-1

One more thing I learned: There exists an attachment, a "spiral blade" for
an oscillating tool that takes the place of a coping saw! Fitting into the
business end of an oscillating tool, the blade looks like an itty-bitty
coping saw. Now if I could just FIND one...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 06:13:00 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

From Popular Mechanics
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...ick=pp#slide-1

One more thing I learned: There exists an attachment, a "spiral blade" for
an oscillating tool that takes the place of a coping saw! Fitting into the
business end of an oscillating tool, the blade looks like an itty-bitty
coping saw. Now if I could just FIND one...

Better: Hire an experienced / recommended carpenter !!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 15, 4:13*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
From Popular Mechanicshttp://www.popularmechanics.com/home/improvement/interior/the-low-str...

One more thing I learned: There exists an attachment, a "spiral blade" for
an oscillating tool that takes the place of a coping saw! Fitting into the
business end of an oscillating tool, the blade looks like an itty-bitty
coping saw. Now if I could just FIND one...

Google oscillating tool spiral blade

but finding the "holder" / yoke is a bit more problematic

Here's an enitre kit but appears to be Dremel only?
http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-MM720-Y...ag=toolguyd-20

Bosch has one in the works?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u_nV5NX0KFp3Bg

Looks like Dremel has the "lock" on this until Rockwell or Bosch roll
theirs out.... a page from the Fein playbook?
Too bad Fein was busy resting on their laurels, clipping coupons & not
inventing.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE: Low-stress way to install crown molding

On 3/15/2013 4:57 PM, HeyBub wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:09:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

The Bosch version is $29.99 on one site.

Oops. Should read Dremel.

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/63-378-hobby-tool-attachments/multi-flex-oscillating-tool-accessory-688012.aspx

"Out of Stock" - sigh.

I did a Google search on the UPC number. This turned up numerous sources,
from about $23.00 to $50.00.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=0805...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And a check of Menards.com and homedepot.com shows them available for
$19.97. If you have one close, go for it. Bosch - Dremel... Same
company.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I did a Google search on the UPC number. This turned up numerous
sources, from about $23.00 to $50.00.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=0805...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And a check of Menards.com and homedepot.com shows them available for
$19.97. If you have one close, go for it. Bosch - Dremel... Same
company.

Thanks. You inspired me to look harder!

Found the sucker on Amazon for $19.97, delivered right to your door, and, if
an Amazon Prime subscriber, no delivery charge.

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-MM720-Y...s=dremel+mm720

Crown molding cut, 70* Cut how? evodawg Home Repair 8 December 2nd 06 05:02 AM
Crown molding Kenny Goss Home Repair 2 December 1st 06 04:23 PM
Crown Molding ladybug Home Repair 1 September 29th 06 05:55 AM
Crown Molding ?? EvoDawg Woodworking 10 June 6th 05 12:07 AM
crown molding??? EvoDawg Home Repair 3 June 5th 05 07:24 AM