Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

When they give warnings about asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, and many
other things, I often point out that the wanings really only apply to
those who work with that stuff at their job, espeically if it's 40
hours a week for years.

So what is the difference between working with metal 40 hours a week
for years and as a hobbiyist, when it comes to metal in the eye?
None. As people described in the previous thread.

So what is the difference between asbestos, fiberglass, and mercury,
verus metal in one's eye?

A big one. When it comes to asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, etc. the
question is whether to worry about exposure in the past. And whether
one's symptoms if he has any have anything to do with the exposure.

But these people aren't considering doing something to make their
situation worse. With metal in the eye and a planned MRI, one IS
planning to make things worse, and he can drop those plans if he wants
to. .

The clerk at the MRI lab said the MRI can ruin one's vision, at least
in one eye, I guess.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 5:14*pm, micky wrote:
The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

The difference in Usenet and Facebook.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 5:14*pm, micky wrote:
The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.

When they give warnings about asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, and many
other things, I often point out that the wanings really only apply to
those who work with that stuff at their job, espeically if it's 40
hours a week for years.

So what is the difference between working with metal 40 hours a week
for years and as a hobbiyist, when it comes to *metal in the eye?
None. * As people described in the previous thread.

So what is the difference between asbestos, fiberglass, and mercury,
verus metal in one's eye?

A big one. When it comes to asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, etc. the
question is whether to worry about exposure in the past.

Until someone comes up with an actual case report where
some normal, sane, person had a metal or fiberglass shard embedded
permanently in their eye and never knew it happened, I say this whole
thing is a bunch of malarky to begin with.

I have had things in my eye twice. Both were so small they
could not be seen with the naked eye. Both were so extremely
painful, annoying that I remember them both even though they
were decades ago. I went a whole weekend with one of them
and it was pure hell.

Now, if you have alzheimers, are a drug addict, liar, etc, then
anything is possible. And IMO, THAT is what these MRI places
are trying to protect themselves legally from. They don't want
to get sued, so they subject everyone to going to another
doctor, getting an Xray. Not unusual and in the various areas of
medicine, it's one of the things driving healthcare costs up for all
of us.

Plus I provided links in the past to two MRI facilities that
have policies where they limit their concern to those that
know they had metal in their eyes. They don't require
everyone to go get an X-ray because they worked with
metal in the past......

DryLok over Asbestos Tile? (or how to waterproof over asbestos tile) Dan Home Repair 4 May 21st 17 02:01 AM
Using a metal gasifier to run a metal generator using chips made of wood, not metal Pete S Metalworking 3 November 27th 12 05:21 AM
About Asbestos antcolony Home Repair 3 September 4th 07 02:37 PM
Metal RediDrives and Metal Easy-Drivers- What is difference? Blair UK diy 11 June 7th 05 07:39 PM
Metal working tools for sheet metal... slightly different take than usual John Kelly Metalworking 0 November 12th 03 01:06 PM