Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Scientific World is turning to God

The Scientific World is turning to God

“As people have certainly been influenced by me, I want to try and correct the enormous damage I may have done.” (Anthony Flew)

The newspapers these days are echoing with these regret-filled words by Antony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper published in 1950. In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture halls and articles. In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/265/

The Existence of God
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/39/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Monday, February 11, 2013 1:36:36 PM UTC-7, Saly Mohammed wrote:
[...]

Yes, Gawd created the universe in his spare time because he was bored.
Him/her smart...but who/what created Gawd? That question never gets answered.

Posted to alt.home.repair

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Flew

Flew was particularly hostile to Islam, and said it is "best described in a
Marxian way as the uniting and justifying ideology of Arab imperialism."[6]
In a December 2004 interview he said: "I'm thinking of a God very different
from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam,
because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam
Husseins".[19]

(Wonder if he ever had the chance to meet the Mormon missionaries?)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Saly Mohammed" wrote in message

The Scientific World is turning to God

“As people have certainly been influenced by me, I want to try and correct
the enormous damage I may have done.” (Anthony Flew)

The newspapers these days are echoing with these regret-filled words by
Antony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old
British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age
of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper
published in 1950. In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a
teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many
American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture
halls and articles. In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has
abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Priest who was looking to retire on donations?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Roy" wrote in message news:0feaca29-bd7c-410e-a67a-

Yes, Gawd created the universe in his spare time because he was bored.
Him/her smart...but who/what created Gawd? That question never gets
answered.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/11/2013 03:00 PM, Roy wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2013 1:36:36 PM UTC-7, Saly Mohammed wrote:

[snipp]

Yes, Gawd created the universe in his spare time because he was bored.
Him/her smart...but who/what created Gawd? That question never gets answered.

That may never be known. Maybe it was a group of people who wanted
better control of their slaves.

BTW, There was an Outer Limits show about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 12:36*pm, Saly Mohammed wrote:
The Scientific World is turning to God

“As people have certainly been influenced by me, I want to try and correct the enormous damage I may have done.” (Anthony Flew)

The newspapers these days are echoing with these regret-filled words by Antony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. *The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper published in 1950. *In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture halls and articles. *In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

That's it!!?? ONE person changes his mind equals "The Scientific
World" ?? Did you ever hear of "logic"?

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/265/

The Existence of Godhttp://www.islamreligion.com/category/39/

Do either of those cover how to fly (not land) planes?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

*
*
He went senilebefore he died. It was some time ago.
I assume you are also senile?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Flew

Posted to alt.home.repair

To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Yes, Gawd created the universe in his spare time because he was bored.

Him/her smart...but who/what created Gawd? That question never gets
answered.

T'was Capatin Kirk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:49:10 PM UTC, Stormin Mormon wrote:
To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Yep had sex with the virgin Mary, the rest is HIStory

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

wrote in message

Yes, Gawd created the universe in his spare time because he was bored.

Him/her smart...but who/what created Gawd? That question never gets

answered.

T'was Capatin Kirk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry K wrote:
[...]

This kind of person, and logic do not co-exist.