Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Toro 828LXE Traction advice?

I'm sure if you are still alive you've heard about the snow storm here
in NE. Well, we've got 3-4' in central/eastern CT.

My trusty snow blower usually handles fairly large amounts of snow but
today it seems to be loosing traction internally. The wheels are not
spinning and none of the gears seem to cause it to move. Oh, there's
a little attempt at movement but just briefly and unsuccessfully.

My guess is that the "traction wheel" is slipping and Ive followed the
manual's adjustment instructions and now it seems adjusted as far as
it will go. My guess is that the tremendous amount of snow landing on
it is being melted by the engine causing it to run into the mechanism
reaching the traction disc causing the slip.

My machine is circa 2006 and just last fall I had it checked and
adjusted.

So, if any of you snow geniouses can offer any suggestions I would
certainly appreciate hearing them. I'm about 1/8 of the way towards
clearing my driveway.

Thanks all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 12:52:25 -0500, bobmct
wrote:

I'm sure if you are still alive you've heard about the snow storm here
in NE. Well, we've got 3-4' in central/eastern CT.

My trusty snow blower usually handles fairly large amounts of snow but
today it seems to be loosing traction internally. The wheels are not
spinning and none of the gears seem to cause it to move. Oh, there's
a little attempt at movement but just briefly and unsuccessfully.

My guess is that the "traction wheel" is slipping and Ive followed the
manual's adjustment instructions and now it seems adjusted as far as
it will go. My guess is that the tremendous amount of snow landing on
it is being melted by the engine causing it to run into the mechanism
reaching the traction disc causing the slip.

I'm an Ariens guy-- but that would make me look at the idler pully to
be sure it is engaging when I squeeze the handle.

I don't dare go look at this forum today- but if you can get through
the champagne corks popping and loud shouts of glee from all the New
Englanders- you're sure to get some good advice-
http://www.opeonthenet.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Jim

Traction for a stair step? Jon Danniken Home Repair 3 July 21st 07 05:36 PM
Which Provides Better Traction? Jack Home Repair 34 February 7th 07 07:10 PM
Traction Time Lobby Dosser Woodturning 6 December 2nd 06 05:48 AM
need traction on a deck ramp [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 8th 06 03:51 AM
SF Bay Area Steam Traction Engine Jerry Foster Metalworking 8 September 3rd 05 11:33 AM