Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Get that "Gun Box" out of your house

Did you know that almost every house in America has a box full of guns.
In fact there are hundreds of guns in these boxes, and they exist in
nearly every American home. These boxes are called "Televisions", (they
should be called the "Gun Boxes"). Everytime you turn these TVs on, you
are seeing guns, and these guns are killing dozens of people every hour,
right in your living room.

If you want to get rid of guns and gun violence, begin by getting rid of
your television. Also get rid of all the violent video arcade games and
computer games that parents keep giving to their children. This
includes those small pocket computers and even cell phone games.

Actual guns can be used both for good and for bad, so it's hard to
control them, not to mention the legal aspects. Regardless how you feel
about actual guns, seeing people being shot with guns every few minutes
on televisions and games is *NOT* Ok. Most older adults have seen so
many gun deaths on TV, that they are no longer affected. But children
ARE affected, and to a child, killing someone with a gun becomes
insignificant. After all, on TV, no one is really hurt, it's just a
movie, right?

But children dont see it that way, Few of them have ever seen someone
really get shot and/or killed. To these kids, shooting someone is just
fun and a game, and no one really gets hurt...... Even most modern
cartoons for children are loaded with guns and violence. Then parents
buy gun oriented violent video and computer games for their kids. THIS
is what's wrong with our society.

Sure we need to have some restrictions on guns and all weapons, but
maybe we need to start by getting rid of the "gun box" in our home, or
restricting it from children, while destroying those violent video games
entirely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:27:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

How about getting rid of football, boxing and “professional” wrestling?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rare moment, when I agree...

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus